Liqui Moly Engine Detox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it today. Total price came out almost 40 USD, which of $15 for shipping. Found it on ebay,it is only one store that I found which ships to US. It is recommended over proline flush for the cars that were neglected(or missed) on oil change and abused. Heard that is very effective, but maybe not exact product that I thought. There is cleaned in their line that stays in engine for 200 miles, and I heard name only ones in German. So anyway I will try try it in the end of my oci, with fresh filter and oil to be safe since I din"t want to mix ARX with it, and my oil/filter might be dirty by that time.It better be good for that price. Will post pictures before and after flush.
Some prod. pictures:
278408_2261108807241_1234067970_32799649_5810161_o.jpg

272884_2261109527259_1234067970_32799650_3825461_o.jpg

277603_2261110207276_1234067970_32799651_3596555_o.jpg

265452_2261111887318_1234067970_32799656_3517435_o.jpg

266352_2261111247302_1234067970_32799655_5554912_o.jpg

280196_2261115407406_1234067970_32799658_1157081_o.jpg

What are the issues you're trying to cure? I don't know much about Toyotas, but is this the same engine as in the Sludge-prone Avalons of a certain generation?

I can't see the pics very well, but I doubt a polished-looking piston will perform any better than a varnished one. Unless this stuff will some how clean out the ring pack, it doesn't really matter.

The picture of that piston doesn't show much cleaning of the ring lands, unless I just can't see it. Also, not sure what you're saying about this stuff staying in your engine for 200 miles, the bottle says to run it at idle for 10 minutes then dump it, similar to the Amsoil product.

It specifically states that it cleans the rings.

Liqui Moly has a fantastic reputation for its products, I bet you'll get noticeable improvement.

I'm not a fan of any engine flush treatments but if I had to use one and not fear damage this would be one of the only ones I'd trust.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
What are the issues you're trying to cure? I don't know much about Toyotas, but is this the same engine as in the Sludge-prone Avalons of a certain generation?

I can't see the pics very well, but I doubt a polished-looking piston will perform any better than a varnished one. Unless this stuff will some how clean out the ring pack, it doesn't really matter.

There is 2 big threads(Auto-RX in 3L Camry, and Kreen in 3L Camry) about my car, and what I'm trying to cure. And yes it'a sludge monster.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

The picture of that piston doesn't show much cleaning of the ring lands, unless I just can't see it. Also, not sure what you're saying about this stuff staying in your engine for 200 miles, the bottle says to run it at idle for 10 minutes then dump it, similar to the Amsoil product.

I tried to say, that I thought it would be that product that should stay for 200 miles. but I was wrong. They keep changing names in different countries, and product line is different. For example they still sell Jectron cleaner in US, but not in Europe, there is almost no more cars left with Jectron injectors. I heard about that product that stays in oil long, with frequent filter changes Like ARX, but I heard name only ones and in German, so no luck spotting it yet, or it might be discontinued.

use it! and let us know how it works?
follow it up with a good long MMO run (like 3k lol) that will make for a good rinse cycle! DONT GET MUCH MORE RINSED THAN THAT!

It sure sounds to me like you're using way too many additives, when shorter intervals may be the simpler (and cheaper) solution. I'm partial to ZERO oil adds, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It's really expensive, gourmet salt, mind you.
10.gif

It sure sounds to me like you're using way too many additives

I will stop soon. This car is like a test platform. So I can see what works and how it works, for future reference.
So far I liked: kreen, MMO, LM Venti Sauber(Valve cleaner),LM MoS2,Seafoam,and Power Foam I hope that LM product will join my list.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
use it! and let us know how it works?
follow it up with a good long MMO run (like 3k lol) that will make for a good rinse cycle! DONT GET MUCH MORE RINSED THAN THAT!

I will, you know
smile.gif

Zyxelenator, I really wish you posted about this before buying the product all the way from Australia. Liqui-Moly EngineDetox is basically MotorClean with another name.

Liqui-Moly MotorClean is exactly the same product as Liqui-Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush, a product already available in the US. The Pro-Line Series is aimed at professional use in workshops, which is why it does not come in a fancy box with all the marketing hype. MotorClean is a premium, and more concentrated, product over the regular Engine Flush in the 300 ml can for regular customers to buy. To get the same effect as Pro-Line Engine Flush or MotorClean, you would need to run the regular Engine Flush for 25-30 minutes.

The other product referenced in your post is Oil-Sludge Scourer (or Öl-Schlamm-Spülung). This product is added to your old oil approximately 300 km (190 miles) before your oil change. It's only limitation is that WOT must be avoided.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator

There is 2 big threads(Auto-RX in 3L Camry, and Kreen in 3L Camry) about my car, and what I'm trying to cure. And yes it'a sludge monster.
How much sludge is built up?

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Zyxelenator, I really wish you posted about this before buying the product all the way from Australia. Liqui-Moly EngineDetox is basically MotorClean with another name.

Liqui-Moly MotorClean is exactly the same product as Liqui-Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush, a product already available in the US. The Pro-Line Series is aimed at professional use in workshops, which is why it does not come in a fancy box with all the marketing hype. MotorClean is a premium, and more concentrated, product over the regular Engine Flush in the 300 ml can for regular customers to buy. To get the same effect as Pro-Line Engine Flush or MotorClean, you would need to run the regular Engine Flush for 25-30 minutes.

The other product referenced in your post is Oil-Sludge Scourer (or Öl-Schlamm-Spülung). This product is added to your old oil approximately 300 km (190 miles) before your oil change. It's only limitation is that WOT must be avoided.

[censored], yeah, I just double checked on their website, bottle looks different,but description is the same. Yeah it is available in USA, and total cost around $10 lower. Well my bad, fooled myself, got confused with names and cans.
What do you mean by WOT?
Yeah, Oil-Sludge Scourer (or Öl-Schlamm-Spülung), that's the one I've been looking for, and still can't find it in US or shop who will deliver it overseas.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator

How much sludge is built up?
Lots, I've removed half a pound manually for sure, plus some with chemicals.

Yes, WOT is wide open throttle. I don't think Oil-Sludge Scourer is available in the US, but I will double check for you to make sure.

Having said that, if you use Pro-Line Engine Flush at every oil change (it will not harm your seals) for 15 minutes each time, with reasonable oil change intervals, you will not need anything else - even in a 1MZ-FE. Although personally, I would be using a European synthetic in that engine, meeting ACEA A3/B4-04 at the very least.

That benzenesulfonic acid is the only thing that stands out when compared to any other "fuel system treatment". Sulfonic acids are highly polar so I'd bet they're very effective at cleaning metals (they're basically ultra-strong detergents).

Wikipedia sez:

Its aqueous solution is strongly acidic. It has the ability to react violently with bases and attack metals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back