Looking for a bike - what brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In San Francisco, I see quite a few Surly and Soma steel frames around. Most of them are fixies, but some are really nicely configured as cross or road bikes as well.

I think the Surly Pacer frame has won my heart, now I need some money and free time. I'm thinking custom build, 52cm Pacer frame, Shimano 105 or SRAM Rival gruppo, Velocity Deep V wheels, Michelin tires, 3T and Ritchey miscellania.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
A friend of mine has a full custom Seven. He got ran over by a car years ago and insurance paid well. He knows someone at Performance Bike and got his custom Seven frame. That is one nice machine.

I have a friend who got a seven pretty much the same way. He got hit by a car and used some of the insurance money for the new bike. He recently put SRAM Red on it. He also has the Specialized Sworks with full Campagnolo Record. Times are tough all over, right?

bikesdirect.com has the best bang for the buck bikes ANYWHERE! There is some minor assembly required. (Usually no more than putting the handlebars on the stem, and the seat post into the frame) However, the quality of components that you get for the price is unbeatable.

If you are a name snob and have to have a trek or something that's a different story.
I own 2 Cervelos and a Cannondale Scalpel, but if I could do it all over again I would keep the Cervelo time trial bike, and get a bikesdirect mountain bike and road bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back