Any Champion generator users ? Model 46514

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 4,000 peak and 3,500 watts . Plan to use P.P. 10w-30 for it . Want to use the RV output and need to convert to a standard 3 pronge . Where can a pigtail be found ? Thanks

Originally Posted By: odie
It's 4,000 peak and 3,500 watts . Plan to use P.P. 10w-30 for it . Want to use the RV output and need to convert to a standard 3 pronge . Where can a pigtail be found ? Thanks

I have this generator. I went to an electrical supply house and bought the plugs and cable and assembled it myself. Very easy to do and frankly I never even considered the possibility that you could buy such a cable off the shelf, since most will want the length tailored to their situation and the plug on the other end of the generator will vary depending on application.

Heck, you could probably buy the plugs and cable at Home Depot.

Last edited:
I also have one.

I bought suitable plugs and made my own heavy duty 12 ga. cable that I can use with the supplied multiple AC outlet cable. Plugs and wire were fairly expensive but now I have a cable that's the length I need and works well with the generator.

I use it for home back up power and haven't fired it up in a year and a half.

I have that generator. I just bought the plugs and 12 gauge wire and made it the length I want.
Great low cost generator by the way. I use Rotella T-6 5w40 synthetic in mine.

They are impressively quiet. I don't have any reading in decibels but from the generators I've seen, I know it's quieter than anything but an inverter type.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
They are impressively quiet...

Agreed. The Maxpower brand XP4400 I bought ~5yrs ago is extremely smooth and quiet. It's got a large automotive style muffler that is pretty darn close in size to what you'd see on a small econo-car.

FWIW, the unit has only been fired up a few times and starts right up every time.

I believe the engine manufacturer is Chong-Qing

Picked up the male to female pigtail at a HARBOR FREIGHT store for $5.99 ( w/o tax ) . Here it is , http://www.harborfreight.com/30a-male-to-15a-female-rv-pigtail-power-adapter-65943.html . They have many other types as well . Finally brought out the generator for preparation . Installed the spark arrestor , poured in some Pennzoil Platinum 10w-30 ( SN/GF-5 ) , and a little gas for a test run . Started up and plugged in the pigtail and then a work light . Turned the switch to 120 and let there be light
banana2.gif
. Could slightly hear it inside , but tolerable . Does this get quieter as it breaks in ? Now we're ready for the next outage . Will change oil after 5 hours of use and refill with the P.P.. Thanks for your help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back