napa synthetic product data sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago, I sent an email to NAPA from the "contact us" tab on napaonline. Still no response. I asked for a PDS of their 15W-50 syn because it was a possible candidate for use in my hydrostatic trans in my mower.

I still may end up using it because I can get it for a hair more than $5/qt, but it's disappointing not to get a reply email.

What is HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC BASE
OIL?? Is that the 'proper' term for a Hydrocracked Group III base? IE., semi-synthetic basestocks? Vs Group V fully synthetic basestocks??

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
come on, man, this stuff sells for as low as 3.99 on sale!

I doubt you'll get group V at those prices!

crackmeup2.gif
I know right?

Wow this guy works for Napa and don't know jack.

[Cliff] Hello, my name is Cliff. It would be my pleasure to assist you. How may I help you today?

[Me] Hello, Where can I get the Product Data Sheet for Napa oils?

[Cliff] When you find a part in our catalog, click on the name of the product to view the expanded information on the product information page. Material Safety Data Sheets are available in the product information page where applicable. They are typically under the Product Attributes.

[Me] Yes I found the MSDS but there is no PDS.

[Cliff] What do you mean by product data sheet?

[Me] Product data sheet shows the quality of the oil like the TBN.

[Cliff] The only information like that is on the labels of the products or in the descriptions online. I haven't heard of a PDS before.

[Me] Most oils supply this data but Napa doesn't. People who know about oil look for this info before they buy.

[Cliff] I would recommend checking with your local NAPA Auto Parts Store. NAPA Online doesn't have that available.

[Me] Ok well I guess you can't help me. Thank you and have a great day.

[Cliff] You're welcome, Thanks for contacting NAPA Know How. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back