Napa Ultra Platinum filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i Dont have any info on that but will post as soon as I get it. It should be the same as the Amsoil Ea. The filter rep told be it is made in the WIX Factory the same as Amsoil Ea, just repackaged by Napa into a Platinum box

Cool....afraid to see the price up here!
08.gif

If these are the same as the Amsoil and Royal Purple you might as well go with those and pass on this one. I got one of each for $12.00. Saved a $1.49 over the napa platinum oil filter.

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa
Oh and to note these are $13.49 here in VA.

My apps $12 and change,can't wait for the filter sale.

How does this and the Amsoil filter stack up to the Royal Purple oil filter which is guaranteed for 12,000 mile OCI.

Any filter of this design would EASILY do 12k no problem.

The only difference between the Napa, Amsoil and RP oil filter is that the RP oil filter has a leaf spring instead of a coil spring. Whats the mileage on the Napa filter? Amsoil says 25K and RP says 12K. To me 25K on an oil and filter is to much, so I went with the Amsoil XL series which is guaranteed for 10K. And using the RP filter with it.

Brings me to another point....wonder if there will be a cartridge filter, since Amsoil never carried one?

So it's an EaO...does that mean the ADBV won't seal properly on the new NAPA filter? I'll stick with the Gold, of so.

Originally Posted By: daman
Oh and to note these are $13.49 here in VA.

My apps $12 and change,can't wait for the filter sale.

Just dropped to $12.90 here. If it gets any cheaper I might have to stock up on these.

I still want to see one cut open before I buy. The Bosch Distance Plus seems to be a darn good filter also. But I want to see that one cut open as well.

I havent seen any proof that a 6 dollor filter wont go 10-12k. So what is the real benefit to a filter of this type?Im my expierence filters like this dont filter very good until later into the OCI

I think most filters will filter better as they get used and trap dirt. But not filter very good unlil later in the OCI? I thought the synthetic media was supposed to be more efficient than the regular celulos. I thought that was the benefits of these filters, efficiency and capacity. Isn't that the claim to fame for other premium filters...M1, K&N, Royal Purple and Amsoil?

I still want to see one cut open before I buy. The Bosch Distance Plus seems to be a darn good filter also. But I want to see that one cut open as well.

Do search for a RP or EaO photos ,it's the same filter basicly.

advantages most times in this type filter is..

*longer OCI capability's
*better efficiency rating
*better flow as filter loads
*more dirt holding capacity,it loads in layers

Here some of my synthetic filters i run basically the same principle,i run these filters usally for two OCI 9-12,000 miles and more lately.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1494444

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back