03 Acura TL locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy way into the 2003 Acura TL. Son in law locked his only key inside the trunk. Dealer says tow it here as the key needs programing anyway. Is this b....hit?

Coworker says the programing just operates the remote door lock.

Sounds like [censored] to me, I would call a local locksmith, he will probably run you 50 bucks to unlock it. Or if you're friendly with the cops, they have car unlock kits and could do it in a jiffy or if you have glass replacement bust a window...

No matter what you do, make some spare keys..

I experienced the same thing with my Lexus GS. Key were locked in the trunk, had to be towed to the dealer. If you set off the alarm, you won't be able to open the trunk. I assume the same is true for the Acura.

@ cj

Just curious...

Where is the other master key and valet key that come with this model?

Usually you get three with this car .

The programming is bovine feces. He still has a functioning key. It's just in the trunk. Locking it there should not have had any negative effect on it.

A locksmith should be able to get into the car and probably gain access to the keys through the pass-thru if not just pop the trunk. I don't remember if the '03 TL has a lasercut key or not. That might require a little extra work on his part. Hondas also usually have a lock on the parcel deck to keep the seats from being able to fold down. That might run a little extra too.

Neither one of my cars has a keyhole on the back. I don't think I can lock my keys in the trunk...errr hatch.

To Clarify; son in law said when he asked the Dealer if they would cut him a key if he produced Drivers License and Ownership, they said yes. Yet they would still need the car to "reprogram" new key.

He is 90% sure his key is in the trunk.

The 03 TL does have chipped keys...

Best bet is have AAA or a like company stop over, and they use this inflation device and it lightly pushes the top of the door away from the frame, then you just unlock it, and open the door.

Alarm most likely will go off, and if the trunk does not unlock, you will have to use the passthru, and try to get the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back