Kreen in 3.0L Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so front cover is off, intake is halfway off. Waiting on my dad to bring some hex keys, I beliave it's 10mm. There is sludge in the engine, not so horible as I thought, but was lots os it near drain hole. Pictures later. It was soft, so I guess chemicals helped.
first thing I took spark plugs out. Put 1 once of kreen in each well. Put towel into drain hole, so [censored] will not fall there, cleaner all out that I could with towels, carb cleaner and wd40…

I cleaned out lots of it out,and can see bare metal in some spots. Also cleaned all what I could from valve cover, and cut off stupid screen in the oil fill. Washed one more time to get rid of metal shavings that dremel left. Changed oil well gaskets. Just waiting on my dad and right key or socket to continue... This oil wil be dumped right away and filter. Than new fill,filter and gunk flush for 5 min, to wash loose pieces of sludge. Than fill with maxlife and filter every 2k. Will keep oil for 4k.

you are certainly putting a lot of time into this car--if the plugs are out, why not add more Kreen than one ounce? (as long as you turn it over to expel most of it before putting the plugs back in)

might put more. Going home. Will post pictures soon. Intake is off, it was pita to take it off. Back cover will come off tomorrow. Than cleaning all and put back together...

Wow, nice update. Can't wait to see some pics! It kinda makes one wonder what the bottom end would look like if the oil pan were removed.
36.gif

to remove oil pan it needs axel dropped. Not going to do that. Will post pictures after jug of beer at buffalo wild wings. I desevred it after very hot day under the hood
smile.gif

Ok here is some pics:
That's what I saw right after I removed front cover
266265_2232449010764_1234067970_32762607_3552790_o.jpg

Closer look at right side:
278421_2232450850810_1234067970_32762613_984342_o.jpg

Closer look at the left side(oil return hole)
277416_2232449970788_1234067970_32762610_5319026_o.jpg

closer:
272366_2232451650830_1234067970_32762614_164895_o.jpg

some poop out:
279356_2232452250845_1234067970_32762615_3287281_o.jpg

Now I will be able to put funner in to fill oil, and take a look what is going on inside.Woohoo, dremel rulez.
266334_2232453610879_1234067970_32762616_1233700_o.jpg

Intake finally off the engine. It was pita...
272570_2232454370898_1234067970_32762618_7522977_o.jpg

To be continued...

Makes you wonder what's inside the pan.................I'd clean as much of that mess up by hand as possible. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Makes you wonder what's inside the pan.................I'd clean as much of that mess up by hand as possible. JMO

DITTO. Looks like a job for Kreen. I would buy 4-6 quarts of Kreen and a boat load of PYB in 10W30... Also 4-6 oil filters and change them out every 2K miles or less.

update: back spark plugs are out. They look much better that front ones, but all 3 have little brown stripes on dielectric part. mwich i've been told is not good. One of the front one has couple bigger stripes on cyl 6... Put some kreen in back wells. Cover will come off soon. It's fing hot today...

bavk cover is off. There is sludge, but less than under front cover... More on left side...going to clean it all up soon,change all gaskets and apply some silicone oil resistant gasket in addition, just to have less chance of leaks,so I will never come back there.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
bavk cover is off. There is sludge, but less than under front cover... More on left side...going to clean it all up soon,change all gaskets and apply some silicone oil resistant gasket in addition, just to have less chance of leaks,so I will never come back there.

I would like to thank you for posting picks of your VALVETRAIN, good luck on getting everything clean, we are always here if you need any suggestions.

I am sorry that auto-rx did not work for you, then again we always knew the product did not do anything for the Valvetrain, I am guessing that you tried arx 1st, do not feel bad, just about everyone on this board tried this product and they were not happy.

You then gave MMO a try, the product is good, but of course it takes time for this Mystery product to work, something tells me that you only ran this product for about 500 to 1000 miles, it really needs about 10,000 miles to work, that is JMO.

You then went onto Kreen, your valvetrain pics could tell us that Kreen does not work, but I do believe this product works, something is going on inside of your engine that is causing the deposits we see in your valvetrain. I would suggest that you find out what is causing this mess in your valvetrain.

If you want to go and get things cleaned cheap, try some PYB with MMO. If you want a bit faster results, try some PP and MMO, Good Luck.

I beliave that all products worked,and there was much more [censored] there. As I mentioned before, I couldn't even measure my oil level before Arx... Cleaning back part right now, and same as upfront, poop is soft, but it is harder or hard as tar close to edges, where oil and checimals can't reach it. So I beliave that arx, mmo and kreen soften them up and it's easy to clean with papertowels and old toothbrush. There is only thin like 1mm layer that can be only scraped with metal brush or screw driver, but not going to do that. All soft and lose particles mostly removed. Whatever is left hoply will be flushed down to filter by gunk flush and drained, next fill will run only for 5 min. Then maxlife with last bottle of arx. Then we will see, have about 6 oz of kreen left, Lubro moly engine detox is on it's way. After I use that, will just add mmo every fill...to get the rest of poop out little by little.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
I beliave that all products worked,and there was much more [censored] there.

Just wish we knew which product deserved the most credit.

Quote:
Whatever is left hoply will be flushed down to filter by gunk flush and drained, next fill will run only for 5 min.

Good Luck

Quote:
Then maxlife with last bottle of arx.

I would skip the arx, it was the 1st product you used and you really did not get any results. JMO

Quote:
Then we will see, have about 6 oz of kreen left, Lubro moly engine detox is on it's way.

This sounds interesting, you just might get some results. JMO

Quote:
After I use that, will just add mmo every fill...to get the rest of poop out little by little.

+1

will upload some pictures soon. So far back cover is back on with new gaskets, engine was cranked without plugs, put the plugs on the back, intake. Then it was egr, that [censored] took like 40 min to put it back on, and extra pair of hands... So just need to put front cover,plugs, throtlle and all hoses and wires. And hope it will run and don't leak anything.

Not wanting to re-read other threads etc...but did you thoroughly clean all the PCV valve system? The hoses, elbows, the actual valve works, and perhaps the chamber it connects into the engine at etc.?

For instance, on my 92 Civic I found out the PCV valve was connected to a breather chamber off the backside of cylinder head/top-end area. The chamber itself was rather nasty. I still haven't pulled it off to manually clean it, thinking of doing that during my next oil change.

Old PCV valve(long story), so the chamber it sat in has similar gunk inside of it and has yet to be cleaned(trying to figure out how to remove it myself):

1003458h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back