Die Hard Battery Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Die Hard Gold battery in my vehicle that's starting to show signs of loosing charge (down from 520 CCA to 427). OEM specs require 490 CCA. The battery is less than 3 years old. Charging system checks-out well.

Here's the thing - I didnt buy the battery. It was purchased by the previous owner. But still, should'nt the 3 yr free replacement still be valid? How would I approach a Die Hard dealer (Sears) with my concern? I obviously don't have the original sales receipt. Any experiences...

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Usually the warranty is for the original purchaser only.

True, but Sears is usually very good about honoring them.

To OP: if you look on top of the battery, there should be a sticker with the date of purchase noted somehow (often by scratching out the month/year). If that's within 3 years, they might honor the warranty.

But 427 CCA on a 3 year old battery; you've got to expect some degradation over time and if you bring that up (or they test it) it might not work out.

Good luck with it.

Non transferable warranty, includes tires too.

Also if there are signs you popped the top to add water any possibility of a warranty is out the window.

So the person supposed to let the battery dry up and not add water ????
21.gif

I got 8 years out of my last Die Hard battery and just added a tiny bit of water every 6 months.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
So the person supposed to let the battery dry up and not add water ????
21.gif

I got 8 years out of my last Die Hard battery and just added a tiny bit of water every 6 months.

I dont work for them anymore thank God, thats another story. But when I did they told us that the official party line was to not add water or the warranty went the way of the dodo.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I dont work for them anymore thank God, thats another story. But when I did they told us that the official party line was to not add water or the warranty went the way of the dodo.

Maintenance Free batteries are like "lubed for life" ball joints. The reason is that most people do not know how to actually properly service either one so they build a law of averages life span into the design and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back