My car after using Nu Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: glum
My goodness, with what those other products cost, you could treat your car 3x or 5x with Nu Finish for the same amount of money.

You got that right, but for some of us, we would rather spend the money on a wax/sealant/nano-coating that makes our car look great and is durable. Not everyone is a fan of Nu Finish, myself included.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Capa
NuFinish lasts a long time but does stain trim, which in my opinion is inexcusable. If you like the look if wax go with Collinite. It's longevity is legendary in detailing forums. It lasts longer than any other wax and should go between 3-6 months and will not stain trim.
If you prefer the look of sealants go with Duragloss. It will last even longer than Collinite and, unlike NuFinish, it doesn't stain trim.

Zaino will outlast NuFinish too...

Not a chance....

After several months sitting outside. The Impala(not the Volvo) sat for 9 months and water still beaded like it was just applied. Nothing lasts as long as NuFinish. Dura Gloss is close.
Several years ago I posted several of these pictures and asked folks to guess what wax/polish was used. Many members guessed all the high end waxes. When I posted the bottom picture of the NuFinish some guys heads blew up and were [censored]. Haters gonna' hate but NuFinish it a great product...amoung the very best!

100_2710.jpg

100_2712.jpg

100_2361.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2048.jpg

100_1969.jpg

100_1966.jpg

100_0254.jpg

100_0258-1.jpg

100_02522.jpg

100_0267.jpg

Originally Posted By: glum
My goodness, with what those other products cost, you could treat your car 3x or 5x with Nu Finish for the same amount of money.

You can find both Collinite and Duragloss for about $12-$15. Again, Nu-Finish is a fine product that lasts a long time and gives a good shine. What I don't like is that, unlike most products nowadays, it stains trim. And because it is made to give good protection, it is quite difficult to remove from said trim.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Capa
NuFinish lasts a long time but does stain trim, which in my opinion is inexcusable. If you like the look if wax go with Collinite. It's longevity is legendary in detailing forums. It lasts longer than any other wax and should go between 3-6 months and will not stain trim.
If you prefer the look of sealants go with Duragloss. It will last even longer than Collinite and, unlike NuFinish, it doesn't stain trim.

Zaino will outlast NuFinish too...

Not a chance....

I can tell how much you like NuFinish, but you're wrong about it being the longet lasting wax. I've used it before and it lasts several months at best. I have yet to use anything that was still beading water after a year, except for Zaino, however I have also used Duragloss and Klasse products that have outlasted NuFinish as well.

Last edited:
Maybe it's hit or miss or Zaino changed a bit. I have found Zaino to shine better then anything I have tried but water beading only lasted for a few months sitting outside. NuFinish was 9 months outside but the cars was sold before the water stopped beading but at 9 months it was still beading like new. Duragloss is curently doing fine at just under 6 months. It is good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Maybe it's hit or miss or Zaino changed a bit. I have found Zaino to shine better then anything I have tried but water beading only lasted for a few months sitting outside. NuFinish was 9 months outside but the cars was sold before the water stopped beading but at 9 months it was still beading like new. Duragloss is curently doing fine at just under 6 months. It is good stuff.

It's quite possible Zaino has changed their forumula and it doesn't last as long now days. It was probably 5 or 6 years ago that I had it lasting a year on my vehicle. I can't imagine them changing the formula though so that it doesn't last as long. That doesn't really make sense. I will say I've never gotten anywhere close to 9 months from NuFinish. 3 or 4 tops...

I've used NuFinish for years on a Boston Whaler. It lasts all summer and has kept the boat looking like new for 12 years.

I get the residue off of black trim by wiping it with a rag sprayed with WD-40.

I haven't used Nu Finish since the early 90's, but after reading this thread, I decided to buy a bottle. I keep my vehicles in very clean condition and they rarely need a thorough paint cleaning. I've been using Mothers cleaner/wax in the spring time and then I protect the car for winter with Prestone synthetic carnauba. But, I'll give Nu Finish another try. If only they could make it smell better... yech.

REJEX! Great product at a great price. Extremely durable. Long lasting.
BTW, I still love Nu-Finish as well.
I have a shelf full of all brands....Meguiars, Turtle Wax, Mothers, Griots Garage, 3M, and I always use the Rejex. If I had some Nu-finish, I'd use that as well. A nice coat of carnauba wax over Nu-Finish or Rejex is good to, but doesn't last long. The heat down hear evaporates the Carnaube in a week or two.

I asked this question once before, but nobody ever answered it. Is it okay to use a spray wax when nufinish is applied? Does it cut back the nufinish protection by doing this?

I don't know about a wax product, but have you tried Cling?
I use the Nufinish paste once a year in the fall, and Cling in between. I cant imagine a spray on wax without abrasives effecting it if washing it doesn't.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
I asked this question once before, but nobody ever answered it. Is it okay to use a spray wax when nufinish is applied? Does it cut back the nufinish protection by doing this?

I now do this to most of my cars and it works well. I was using Eagle One spray way but I switched to NuFinish Cling when it hit the market a couple years back. Cling by itself lasts a very long time. Over 3 months and my paint still beads water. One car had a coat of Nufinish put on it and then 3 or 4 months later a touch up with the Cling and over a year(13 months) after the coat of Nufinish was applied the water is still beading like fresh wax. The stuff is incredible.

I just picked up some of this and am about to try it on the M5. Have used Mother Cleaner wax on it twice thus far. Figured I'd switch it up for fun
grin.gif

I'm really quite impressed with this stuff.

BTW, it didn't stain any plastic on the M? It just wiped right off.....?

We'll see how well it lasts!

If you have a clear bra, NuFinish will probably destroy it over time due to the petroleum content.

I am quite happy with my DP Poli-Coat sealant. :p

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If you have a clear bra, NuFinish will probably destroy it over time due to the petroleum content.

I am quite happy with my DP Poli-Coat sealant. :p

Been using NuFinish on my clear bras for years with no problems. The Bras look 100% new after 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back