TCW3 Definitive Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

BTW, no one can stop you from running TC in your engine.

Look luck.

Exactly, that is why I run TC in every thing that is gas. For diesel I run whatever happens to sit on the shelves in my garage.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

We are looking for an UCL that will leave a slight oil coating on surfaces, stabilize the fuel and provide some cleanliness without eaving any ash to damage catalytic converters...

For which TCW3 is perfect. Ash in my converter? Yeah right!

The story might be different in a 2-cycle unit, water or air cooled... but were talking apples to oranges.

It's all in the math. One oz per 5 or 10 gallons is not going to hurt your converter.

For example, I posted my VOA of Phillips 66 Injex Pro TC rated oil shows 8 Boron, 8 Mag, 736 Calcium, 7 Phos, and 6 Zinc. So, the total is 765ppm. At a mix ratio of 1oz/5gallons or 640:1 you get a total of 1.2ppm concentration of metal. How long do you think your converter will last with a 1.2 ppm contamination of ash? Pretty much forever I'll say. At 1oz per 10 gallons you are looking at less than 1ppm, which is zero for practical purposes.

You are wasting your money buying TCW3 oil.

Really? Most catalytic systems not designed for inorganic poisoning generally last under 1000 hours under poisoning conditions.

Your engine oil generates more metal contamination than the TC oil can ever do. Think about it, how much metal contamination will there be if your engine burns 1 quart per 5000 miles (about 100 hours)? A quart of typical engine oil contains how much metal particles? No less than 3,000ppm I'll assure you.

Go to any auto part store and take a look at all the fuel additives on the shelves. Read the labels and you will not be stunned. Not all gasolines are the same.

Reactions: a5m
199,300 miles on my Aerostar been using either MMO or TCW3 for at least 155,000 miles of that number. Original CC and 02 Sensor. 1988 E-150 has been fed MMO since just about day one, original CC.

Reactions: a5m
If you run a good gas though you gain nothing. Sometimes I began to wonder that people just don't get it. So should I add some MMO or some other off the wall [censored] in my 85k engine that is spotless and runs as good as day one? Should I use anything in my 2006 Honda that has 80k? I drove it to San Diego from Dallas all the way. Then back to Las Vegas and from Vegas drove it back to Dallas. A total of 3,200 miles not counting the other 800 before I left for the trip and my engine only used 1/4 of a quart being ran at 80 to 85mph never missed a beat.

With 5w-20 I didn't have to put Lucas or anything in it. I have a buddy at work with a 1994 Honda Accord that has almost 300k and only has had regular maintenance. Engine has had nothing removed on it except the water pump. Guy says it runs no different than it did in 94. Changes his oil every 3 to 4k and only has to put 1 quart every 2k. Should I tell him to add some MMO? lol.

I'm blown away. Nothing against you guys but, I think marketing has gotten to you and the well nothing has happend yet deal. Not to beat a dead horse but, you don't need extra additives and witchcraft to make an engine last a long time.

I guess someone has to say it. VR1, you a new person here and you have lots of things to learn. You are not going to find many friends by [censored] on all of us here.

You don't like gas additives, fine, don't visit this subforum or BITOG all together or at least shut up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back