EcoBoost torture engine tear down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned a 2011 ecoboost for 4 months now. I used to own a 2008 ranger, the ecoboost gets the same, if not better gas milage then the 4.0 l ranger. Someone decided to reverse into me causing the truck to be in the shop a couple days. I recieved a 2011 f150 with the 5 l V8 as a rental, the gas milage nor power were anywhere close to the ecoboost. I haved pulled over 6000 lbs with both trucks, and even when givin her lots ofgas, the ecoboost would get 18 l / 100km. V8 would get 32 l / 100km. Huge difference, considering the ecoboost pulled with ease as the V8 was always high revs using much more gas. Very happy, would never go fpr the V8.

1001hobbies,

Agreed completely, BG has a product to sell and Ford has a product to sell. One (BG) showing a very dirty engine in need of cleaning and one (Ford) showing an engine that looks spotless after many miles. Who to believe?

I hope Ford is right, I really want to believe they have the "secret sauce" to keep a DI engine clean but I am skeptical due to other manufacturers suffering issues with these engines.

Hopefully, someone (maybe on this board) will photograph a Ford DI engine as it accumulates miles so we'll know for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back