Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
hmm, my kreen looks light blue like windex...

Looking at the video you posted in looks kind of green to me. It's translucent with a greenish-blue color. Of course the bottle I have is slightly white and opaque.

Vikas - Seafoam - that's funny, I had a good laugh. And ironically, IIRC Sea Foam looks clear.

The Seafoam used to have seafoam color. I definitely remember that but I think newer Seafoam bottles have clear liquid.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Russell
new observation.
After aoout 675 miles with 16 oz Kreen in the crankcase, I noticed about 15 seconds of sharp lifter clicking on my start to go home from work. Car had been setting for about 8 hours and outside temp about 93. Go figure? Cleaning engines often make funny sounds.

Now about 900 miles on my kreen additive. Car is running fine. very little, if any, engine noise. Mileage seem up etc. However, weather has been cooler and have not used air as much. Blotter test oil sample is getting darker each check. Have not seen a drop in oil level since adding. not sure there is much kreen evaporation. i will watch closely.

Since your oil is dark via the BLOTTER TEST, will you be running another Kreen Application.

Originally Posted By: PontiacFan
new observation.
After aoout 675 miles with 16 oz Kreen in the crankcase, I noticed about 15 seconds of sharp lifter clicking on my start to go home from work. Car had been setting for about 8 hours and outside temp about 93. Go figure? Cleaning engines often make funny sounds.

Now about 900 miles on my kreen additive. Car is running fine. very little, if any, engine noise. Mileage seem up etc. However, weather has been cooler and have not used air as much. Blotter test oil sample is getting darker each check. Have not seen a drop in oil level since adding. not sure there is much kreen evaporation. i will watch closely.

Since your oil is dark via the BLOTTER TEST, will you be running another Kreen Application.

I was thinking about running my current Kreen fill about 1,500 miles then doing a oil/filter change. Possibly running 16 oz Kreen through my fuel. Perhaps later running 16 oz Kreen in my oil again before winter. I have one more quart of kreen.

I was thinking about running my current Kreen fill about 1,500 miles then doing a oil/filter change.

Please let us know what the drained oil looks like compared to other times you have changed your oil.

Quote:
Perhaps later running 16 oz Kreen in my oil again before winter. I have one more quart of kreen.

If you do this, it will be interesting to see what a 2nd Application of Kreen does for you as far as what the oil looks like on the OCI with the 2nd Application of Kreen.

It would be great if you could let us look at the oil samples that are drained from using Kreen on your 2nd Application versus your 1st Application with Kreen.

Last edited:
color
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
color
smile.gif

Haha, seriously though, what's the difference in chemical composition that makes Kreen better?

Seafoam is mostly just pale oil.
Kreen is potent chemical mix with the penetrating qualities of Kroil, it does have some lube qualities, its a very serious and potentially hazardous product if abused.
When used as directed it is safe and very effective.

Visions of waves crashing on the beach, the foam splashing on the rocks and so on. Open the can feel the breeze and smell the sea, LOL.
A nicer mental image than pale oil in a cheap tin can.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Seafoam is mostly just pale oil.
Kreen is potent chemical mix with the penetrating qualities of Kroil, it does have some lube qualities, its a very serious and potentially hazardous product if abused.
When used as directed it is safe and very effective.

I'm pretty sure I read your endorsement on the side of a bottle of Slick50 as well. You gave the chemical composition for Seafoam (sort of, again, but not really) while at the same time glorifying Kreen without any mention of its own chemical composition. What is this "potent chemical mix"? By the same turn, I can just as easily dismiss Kroil as a light oil mixed with a carrier like acetone. Doesn't sound good now, does it?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I read your endorsement on the side of a bottle of Slick50 as well

Hey if you cant be civil don't bother posting garbage like this.
Do your own research as you apparently did for Kroil, post your findings and enlighten the rest of us that already checked it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Visions of waves crashing on the beach, the foam splashing on the rocks and so on. Open the can feel the breeze and smell the sea, LOL.
A nicer mental image than pale oil in a cheap tin can.

Does that sound civil?

You have to admit, it's pretty hypocritical of you to mock the composition of Seafoam while at the same time failing to mention the chemical composition of Kreen. After looking at the composition of Kreen, I could just as flippantly say that you might as well pour gasohol and a fuel system cleaner into your crankcase, but that would be irresponsible.

I was genuinely interested in why some people here preferred Kreen over Seafoam based on the actual SCIENCE of it. This is Bobistheoilguy afterall, glittering generalities should have no place here.

Obviously you don't know what LOL means or just ignored that, it is a mostly pale oil and it sure is a cheap tin can! Uncivil? no.

The garbage you posted about me and slick 50 was personal, i never endorsed that product!

Quote:
You have to admit, it's pretty hypocritical of you to mock the composition of Seafoam

LOL your kidding right?

Here is the difference.

Kreen

Butyl Alcohol
Methyl Ethyl Ketone
Tricresyl Phosphate
Diacetone Alcohol
Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvent
Petroleum Base Oil
Light Naphihenic Solvent
Allphatic Petroleum Solvent
Non-hazardous Proprietary Ingredients*