Quaker state grease compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am a long time fan of your site. I finally have a question that does not seem to have been answered so I have signed up.

Last year I repacked my 4000lb travel trailer (drum brakes) bearings with Quaker state multi purpose & wheel bearing grease. It probably saw 1000km last year. I am busy this year and as such will only be taking it out once or twice with the longest trip being 200 km one way. I decide to just pull the hubs to check the brakes and wiped out most of last years grease and topped up the bearings with a needle greaser rather than pull the seal.

My guy at the auto store gave me a tube of Quaker state golden chassis for this purpose telling me that it was what I needed. I have done three of four hubs and now have my doubts. (I know, I should have done my research first, but I trust this guy).

I know now that this is not the ideal grease for this purpose (LB), but it doesn't bother me as I will do a complete teardown next season again.

What worries me is the compatibility between the two greases, being that there is still a fair amount of last years grease still present.
Will I be okay for this year, or are they going to react with each other?

I don't really like doing bearings (does anyone?), but I will tear it apart again if I have to.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back