Liqui Moly (or Lubro Moly) Ceratec and info about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello boys, first of all comngratulation for the splendid forum.
I'm Massimo and write from Italy.
I have a new Alfa Romeo Giulietta with 2.0 JTDm diesel engine.

Now, i would use Ceratec. I know that Ceratec is based on Boron Nitride, in fact it is written in the technical sheet here.

But in the MSDS do not appears any trace of boron nitride, but in MSDS is written that ingredient in Ceratec si Molybdenum.
Still, i notice that the old version of Ceratec was white and the actual is more orange!

So, is it still composed with boron nitride?

Anyone know it?

Last edited:
The ceratec has boron no doubt. The MSDS may mention Molybdenum because it is a metal and may be required to be disclosed on the MSDS. Go by the Technical Data Sheet.

It is fine and full of Boron Nitride.

Welcome!!!!
Matt

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
The ceratec has boron no doubt. The MSDS may mention Molybdenum because it is a metal and may be required to be disclosed on the MSDS. Go by the Technical Data Sheet.

It is fine and full of Boron Nitride.

Welcome!!!!
Matt

Thanks for reply Matt!

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
What a beautiful car- I wish we would get them here in the States!

unfortunately for the Americans, the european auto market is totally different from american market.
frown.gif

Last edited:
You also avoid one of the only supposed drawbacks to Ceratec (that it can foul/cause deposits/buildup on spark plugs) by putting it in a diesel!
cool.gif

(Hopefully, it will not coat glow plugs?)

The formulation has not changed, so Cera Tec still contains boron nitride and friction modifiers in its formulation.

Thanks for the infos.

Products based on boron and mos2, from what I understand, should be also more effective and safer than products based on PTFE/Teflon, is it right?

I beleive PTFE based anti-friction additives were the cause of various lawsuits, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Massimo_A
Thanks for the infos.

Products based on boron and mos2, from what I understand, should be also more effective and safer than products based on PTFE/Teflon, is it right?

PTFE produses highly toxic gasses above a certain temperature. As far as I know there are no issues with the ceramic component in Ceratec.

I used Ceratec once in my engine about 3 years ago. The stuff looked like yogurt. I didn't notice any positive or negative effect on fuel consumption, engine smoothness, etc. At $20 a bottle, I don't think I'll try it again.

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
At $20 a bottle, I don't think I'll try it again.

Where were you able to find it at that price?

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
At $20 a bottle, I don't think I'll try it again.

Where were you able to find it at that price?

I finally found it cheaper than $50 from matrixoil. Check out autobarn website. $24.95+shipping
As I've been told it can be used it manual trannies and gearboxes,not just engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back