Best AC Evap. Cleaner & Where To Buy....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the BITOG consensus on AC cleaners that spray foam into the evaporator. The BG products are readily available but not sure it's the best product. Any opinions before I just pick one? I was looking at the Petro Chemical system but don't see where it's sold.

Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium worked for me. Turns out I was using the recirculate too often and not letting fresh air in the cabin.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium worked for me. Turns out I was using the recirculate too often and not letting fresh air in the cabin.

I Googled that and it's an interior plastic cleaner not an AC cleaner...??

I just use Gumout Carb and Choke Cleaner. It's not foamy. It sure does work, though. The drain opens up in no time flat with that stuff sprayed in there. Safe on plastics and unpainted metals.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I just use Gumout Carb and Choke Cleaner. It's not foamy. It sure does work, though. The drain opens up in no time flat with that stuff sprayed in there. Safe on plastics and unpainted metals.

My drain's not clogged, that's strong stuff, not specific for AC systems. I'm looking for a foam that sprays in and coats the evap. coil/fins. There's a few out there just wanted a BITOG opinion for the best........

Originally Posted By: Quadrasteer
Originally Posted By: sciphi

My drain's not clogged, that's strong stuff, not specific for AC systems. I'm looking for a foam that sprays in and coats the evap. coil/fins. There's a few out there just wanted a BITOG opinion for the best........

Ahh, looking for a specific product. Haven't run across any. But the carb and choke cleaner sure does work for cleaning the evap coils.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: Quadrasteer
Originally Posted By: mikered30

I Googled that and it's an interior plastic cleaner not an AC cleaner...??

You are correct, I had the wrong name. The correct product is
1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner

Napa sells one called AC Pro Power Clean and Flush. It does exactly what you are looking for-it coats the fins and coils on the evap and inside the HVAC housing too. It has a clear hose with a plastic nozzle and you spray it in through the HVAC drain. Spray it in until it runs back out the drain, then let the car idle with the AC on for 20 to 30 minutes. It cleans all the mold and fungus off the evap and from the inside of the HVAC housing and also deodorizes the AC system. Works great and costs about 20 bucks a can.

For ordinary regular maintenance on the HVAC system, I like to run ny AC on fresh intake and spray Lysol down into the AC intake vents on the cowl. I do that about once a month during the summer.

I use ozone bearing sprays [ air fresheners] in the vents with the fan on, then let it rest.
Both from the outside on normal, and in the inside with recirculate.
This works pretty good for not too bad systems, and for general maintenance.

I've good stuff about Lysol through the cowl
wink.gif

"AC Pro" seems to be the next big thing around here......I swear, it's all over the radio, TV, etc....it's odd though, doesn't read "exactly" like an "As Seen on TV" infomercial (Ala OxyClean or ShamWow!) but doesn't tell you where to get it either...but I guess that's a no-brainer
smile.gif

32.gif

I once sprayed a whole can of Lysol through the HVAC system trying to remove some extremely foul odors.

Turns out the wife left a 1/2 gallon jug of milk in the trunk for a couple of weeks. The jug puked all over the place. Clean up was NOT fun.

It was hard keeping from doing this
37.gif
every three minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back