Dual head tire pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the presta size on the presta valve and the schrader size on the schrader valve. Is there a lever to lock on the head? otherwise it is push fit. The whole setup is magic as far as I am concerned.

not working for me. I have flipped the lever around is it supposed to be pushed all the way down and lever flipped up?

Originally Posted By: evandostert
not working for me. I have flipped the lever around is it supposed to be pushed all the way down and lever flipped up?
My pump seems to have the lever up to tighten.

From my observation the majority of pump heads are flip up to lock onto the valve stem. Just make sure you push it on then flip the lever up. If you feel a lot of resistance when using the floor pump then you probably don't have a good connection. For inflating presta I find that sometimes it takes a few strokes before it starts to inflate. On some of the shrader only pump heads, those are usually press down to lock. I find some of the cheaper floor pumps the head is poorly made where the pin does not make good contact with the pin in the valve stem.

There are a few different pump head designs. Smarthead which uses the same hole for both shrader and presta, I do not really like this kind as its kind of tricky to get it to work right. The dual head with the shrader on top and the presta on bottom is fairly common, this is my favorite design. And Topeak has their own dual head where its shrader on one side and presta on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back