see a BMW that is NOT a sludgefest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My K75C with 137,000 mostly on Mobil 1 15W-50 changed every year since 1986...about 4 to 6 thousand miles.

Had to drop the crankcase cover to fix the leaking gasket. [img:left]
2cqbpth.jpg
[/img]

15w-50 M1 was my favorite oil, too bad they discontinued the 5qt packs at walmart. I used it in everything.

The M1 does shear quite a bit in my bike and loads up with Iron.

Maybe that big gear that drives the output shaft is responsible for both.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JRed
Just wondering - but how would you sludge up the bottom end of an engine in any case?

Had the cam cover off and it was just as clean.... This pic would be the "Right end" as the K75C is a lie Flat in line 3cyl.

Fantastic. I love seeing clean high mileage bikes.
grin2.gif

Did you buy it brand new? Can we see some pics of the whole bike?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Fantastic. I love seeing clean high mileage bikes.
grin2.gif

Did you buy it brand new? Can we see some pics of the whole bike?

Yes bought it new in April of 86...I think. You want a photo of it "now", or "then" (1986)? Will try and get a photo up soon.

[/quote]

Yes bought it new in April of 86...I think. You want a photo of it "now", or "then" (1986)? Will try and get a photo up soon. [/quote]

Now AND then would be great.

I also think that a brief synopsis of your ownership and riding experience over the years would be appreciated.

Here you are..."old pic" is just a copy and not that good. It is the one with the saddle bags mounted.
Have run this bike almost daily for commuting in Houston Texas and fun rides plus interstate touring. It has been garaged at Home and at work. Oil and filter changed every Dec 1st or about every 4,000 miles with Mobil 1 15W-50 the most common fill.

I just changed the front disks and rear shoes for the first time. Done the front pads maybe 4 times. Two sets of Front fork seals and 1 replacement of stearing head bearings. Front wheel bearing once and the rear end bearing once as well. On my second clutch cable now. The oil pump seal gave me a VERY small oil leak a while back and the rear main now leaks about 1 quart a year. I fixed the pump but I may live with the rear main leak. I am still on the original Clutch.

[img:left]
2epn3wp.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
imjbs8.jpg
[/img]

Great stuff, Ammo!

After a quarter of a century and nearly 140,000 miles it still looks like new. Thanks for obliging me.

I hope to rack up some serious miles on my GS when I retire in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back