Valvoline Motorcycle Oil 20w-50 4 Stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the reply. I know its only $3.99qt at the local AutoZone. I was gonna go with Mobile 1 V-Twin Full Syn 20w-50 but its $10 a quart. The Valvoline isn't synthetic but on a 3,000 mile or less oil change I figure it should be fine. I been told not to waste my money on synthetic if I change at 3,000 miles or less.

After reading alot of post on the forum I'm thinking of trying the Rotella T 15w-40. Looks to be a good oil and cheap to.

My bike calls for Yamalube 4 (20-40) or SAE 20-40
Recommended engine oil grade:
API service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA
5.18qts with filter change.

I seen somewhere that they started putting something in the Rotella 15-40 that its not good to use anymore in bikes. Is this so?? I thought I seen it here but cant find it anymore. Is everyone still using the Rotella?

Rotella-T 15W-40 actually states on the bottle that it meets JASO MA so I can't imagine they put anything in it to be harmful to cycle engines.

Valvoline or Rotella T will serve you well. I'd go with whichever is cheaper. If you can stock up on the Valvoline from AZ while it's on sale that would be the best deal. I just got a gallon of Rotella a couple of days ago from WM for $14; Valvoline on sale for $2/qt beats the pants off that.

I run Valvoline VR1 Racing 20W-50 dino in my Harley (5k mile OCI) because it's $2.79/qt on sale and it turns in better UOA's in Twin Cams than the $10/qt synthetics.

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Ok thanks for the reply. I know its only $3.99qt at the local AutoZone. I was gonna go with Mobile 1 V-Twin Full Syn 20w-50 but its $10 a quart. The Valvoline isn't synthetic but on a 3,000 mile or less oil change I figure it should be fine. I been told not to waste my money on synthetic if I change at 3,000 miles or less.

I would stay away from the M1 V-twin oil. I've heard it actually thickens with use, basically turing into sludge. Not good.

Originally Posted By: Tim H.
You can get the Valvoline VR 20W-50 Racing oil for about $1.50 more, of which alot of people recommend as well. Both are good oils

I'm gonna go with the VR1 for my next oil change. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Originally Posted By: Jjones
Right now auto zone has $2 off all motorcycle oil.

I stopped by my local AZ last week and they are $4.99. Must be specific stores..........

Originally Posted By: Tundragod

I stopped by my local AZ last week and they are $4.99. Must be specific stores..........

His post about the $2 off was on 5/30/11 I think the sale might be over by now.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Honda2003

I would stay away from the M1 V-twin oil. I've heard it actually thickens with use, basically turing into sludge. Not good.

Thanks for that info. I will stay away from it.

The new Mobil 1 does thicken from what I have seen to more like a 60 weight. However, there are other options such as Castrols RS V Twin power oil I see popping up all around.

Originally Posted By: Tundragod

First time I bought VR1 it was $4.79/qt at O'Reilley's, but I felt it was worth it and I needed it that weekend for an oil change. 2 weeks later AZ had it for $2.79/qt so I bought 4 more quarts for the next change. If you keep an eye out AZ, O'Reilley's, Advance Auto, etc. will put it on sale & that's when you stock up on it...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back