New addition to the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may recall my thread last year when I had to put down my beloved Rhodesian Ridgeback, Buddy.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...401#Post1797401

There was an outpouring of support from the members of this forum and I will never forget it.

Anyway, time marches on and it was time. We picked up a 9 week old rescue puppy that is a yellow lab/border collie mix.

Is the world ready for Tucker?!?

SAM0052-1-L.jpg

006-L.jpg

007-L.jpg

Cute little stinker.
grin.gif

Luv that black nose.
Rescue dog, good choice. We have a (mostly beagle) beagle-border collie ourselves.
Good luck with the new pup.

Awesome dog! August will be three years my guy is gone. I'm still wrestling with the idea of another dog, I just can't pull the trigger yet. Enjoy him!

He's really cute, made me smile seeing the pictures. I concur that it's great you got a rescue puppy, he looks like he'll be a great dog. Congratulations on your newest family member.

He looks great! Congrats!

I really want to get a dog at some point, alas, my travel schedule doesn't really make it possible...

Thanks guys. We just got him this past Thursday and he seems to be acclimating to our household routine just fine.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Great addition to the family. Are you going to have him fixed? Show us another picture in 6-months to a year for a size comparison.

Oh yes, my wife has all of her pets fixed. Even me!
lol.gif

Thanks for rescuing him, he looks awesome. We get all our animals by default (someone elses) including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bird, 3 ferretts, 1 pony, 1 dwarf horse...and all of those that came before
hooked.gif

Originally Posted By: volvos_rock
Thanks for rescuing him, he looks awesome. We get all our animals by default (someone elses) including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bird, 3 ferretts, 1 pony, 1 dwarf horse...and all of those that came before
hooked.gif

A rescue dog is the only way that we would go.

Actually, Tucker's mom was the one that was rescued. She had heartworms and the rescue family didn't even know that she was pregnant until they got her home.

She gave birth to nine pups and one died shortly after birth. The mother survived heartworm treatment and is doing fine.

Getting pictures of Tucker is not easy because he is usually chewing on my feet like this...
005-L.jpg

And it takes a little patience and time to get this:
006-L.jpg

This little guy is already growing on me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigdreama

This little guy is already growing on me.
smile.gif

He's growing on me just through your pictures! He looks so soulful in that last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back