How good is Nu-finish and Nufinish cling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally gave Nu-finish a try after years of avoiding it, and oh what a shine!!!! Also their cling product as a supplement is nice too. what say you?

Thanks

I have to say I have tried many waxes, I am no professional detailer but I have tried most of the major brands of waxes, collinite (which I like), but Nu-Finish paste is no joke, it is some good stuff. I do not like the Cling (streaky), the Turtle Wax Ice works very well for quick jobs. But I agree with you, a lot of people badmouth Nufinish but it works, and works well.

thanks! yeah it sure does. the spray turtle wax ice, is a decent product, it has the ability to even remove any white residue left from waxes on rubber, plastic, or vinyl trimmings too. my vehicles are constantly spray waxed and or detailed via spray detailing mist. However, I initially start off each year with the compound all the way up to the paste waxes. then I just maintain throughout the year with decent stand alone spray waxes. How does that collinite elegance work, interms of layering and shine? Thanks again!

Last edited:
I seem to recall Collinite themselves saying that the 476s & the d'Elegance product were one and the same. IIRC

Layered 476s is nearly Fukushima proof, although I suspect my GP's spoiler clearcoat failed with it in service.

I have been a Nu-Finish fan for over 15 years. Its shine is not quite as perfecto as some, but it good enough! Plus, it applies better, wipes off better, and lasts well.

I keep trying other waxes and keep going back to Nu-Finish.

I have mentioned this before. Nu-Finish is a well rounded product as it does many things well, i.e. removes oxydation, applies/removes easily, right price, last a long time(can't define a long time) and on and on!

At one time when other wax products were harder to use, N-F was the new kid on the block(silicone technology). Today it may not be the big splash in the pool as it once was but still a good product at still the right price.

I can't answer for the CLING!

Last edited:
I was looking for a detail spray today and thought I'd try Cling after seeing Chris B.s volvo after 3 months post. I read the directions on the back, and it said it could be used between polishes AND waxes. The last attention my 300e got was Meguiar's cleaner wax about 4 weeks ago. The Cling left streaks on the surface that were not there before applying. May return it.

In the defense of NuFinish, maybe it works better with there polish, but the label did read "between polishes and waxes".

Anyone particularly notice the streaking with Cling after a wax vs. using the NuFinish polish?

Originally Posted By: 660mag
I was looking for a detail spray today and thought I'd try Cling after seeing Chris B.s volvo after 3 months post. I read the directions on the back, and it said it could be used between polishes AND waxes. The last attention my 300e got was Meguiar's cleaner wax about 4 weeks ago. The Cling left streaks on the surface that were not there before applying. May return it.

In the defense of NuFinish, maybe it works better with there polish, but the label did read "between polishes and waxes".

Anyone particularly notice the streaking with Cling after a wax vs. using the NuFinish polish?

Yeah, when I first started using Cling, I had the same problems. I have since adopted a new method of application that seems to have solved this. I use two different micro-fiber towels. The first one is used to apply a generous coating of cling, and do the rubbing. I then quickly follow with the second micro-fiber towel that I keep as dry as possible to polish out the streaking left by the first. Its kind of the same theory as using a wax (apply, let dry, remove) but still much quicker and easier to remove.

I just did my boat again last night...the Cling holds up to submersion better than any quick detailer I have used.

Oddly enough, after two day now, I cant see the streaks. Even under different types of light and shade.

I have used Nu-Finish on my wife's tan Sentra for about 4 years. Fantastic look. Lasts about as long as anything else, I guess, but I re-apply before the coats wear off. Probably on an every 6-8 week schedule. Good price. I like the liquid polishes and waxes in general. I can buff up quickly while I'm in a parking lot waiting for the wife and kids to finish shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back