HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help finding a oil for an 2008 FJR that holds up to fuel .
I have tried yamalube , klotz and delo . Klotz did decent but
shift quality went away by 3000 mi and delo was by far the
worst . When it gets hard to shift gears im worried that some
thing might be wearing . Delo was so bad that we cut our
vacation short it got to be imposible to put in nuetral and this
was around 2000mi . The bike has 18000 on it and gets
better gas mileage now than it ever has so there aint nothin
wrong with it . Any help would be great THANKS

I recently put Valvoline VR1 20W-50 in my Honda CBX and it's performing much better than I ever expected. I don't drag race or hot rod like a drunk teenager anymore so I haven't noticed any issues with the wet clutch.

So Valvoline VR1 20W-50 (not the synthetic version) is my recommendation.

I don't understand "holds up to fuel". Do you mean gasoline or alcohol fuel.
If you are getting gas in your oil, don't blame the oil fix the fuel problem as this is not normal operation. Not many oils hold up much past 3000Mi if they are used in a wet sump which shares the transmission, just too much strain on the oil.

Originally Posted By: brandini
http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?code=MCFQT-EA

worth a shot

This
thumbsup2.gif

I ran my FJR on a steady diet of Rotella 15W-40, as do many FJR owners.

They all shift better with a fresh oil change and the shifting gets clunky around 2,000 miles. This is true with virtually all of the oils that I have used.

If you are worried about the performance of a particular oil then send in a sample for analysis. I think that you'll find that just because the shifting gets clunky it has no effect on the performance of the oil.

Mine always shifted the best with Delvac or Mobil 1 4T Racing but would get clunky around 2000 miles.

Come to think of it - my Honda VTX1800 and Yamaha 1300 do the same thing. As did my Gold Wing. As did my CBR1000 RR.

But hey, maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Need help finding a oil for an 2008 FJR that holds up to fuel
????

There is no oil that provides good engine protection when it is diluted with gasoline. Drain the oil and fix the fuel problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back