10 cents off a gallon at Shell and some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find out how to get 10 cents off a gallon at participating Shell gas stations and possibly more.

My wife signed up as loyal/preferred customer at Ralph supermarket few years ago. I entered the Ralph preferred customer number before I swiped the credit card at a participating Shell gas station, I got 10 cents off a gallon, regular price was $4.21 and after discount it was $4.11.

I used Shell Mastercard I had some years ago and it has 5% rebate, so that the actual total discount was 30 cents a gallon. And the bonus is I stopped by Ralph a block from this Shell gas station to buy some chicken on sale, I turn in the receipt and get double points. I believe Ralph will give Shell $10 gas card for every 1000 points (you get 1 point for every $1 in grocery purchase). I got about 110 points today for 13.5 gallons which is about another $1 discount for future gas purchase.

I don't know if this 10 cents discount at Shell and double points at Ralph is nationwide or local to So Cal only. I think it's worth the little time to find out if you can get the 10 cents discount at your local Shell stations.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
..regular price was $4.21 and after discount it was $4.11.

What grade of gas at that price?

Fred Meyer (kroger) & Shell are linked in the Pacific NW also.

This Shell station has $4.21 for 87 octane and is the lowest in Irvine for brand name gas. Other stations such as Chevron, Mobil or 76 are $4.25 or higher, up to $4.39. A little south in San Juan Capistrano the price is up to $4.59 for 87 octane.

The Shell/Ralph deal is not as good as I though it was. How the discount works is this way: you accumulate 1 point for every dollar purchase from Ralph, for every 100 points you will have 10 cents discount from Shell. Give Shell receipt when you go to Ralph then they will double the point on your grocery purchase on that day, regardless of the amount of fuel you just bought from Shell. This is not as good as with 15 cents rebate with Mobil Speedpass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back