Justice Brothers Concentrated Oil Treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the Chlorinated Parafin stuff, the ZDDP stuff, and the PTFE stuff. This stuff is different.. and it is not supposed to void any vehicle warranties.

I found an MSDS on it (although it's a little old). It looks like it's got Lead naphthenate. I havn't seen that stuff discussed much.

Here's the MSDS

Untitled.jpg

What to you think of this additive. Helpful, Harmful, or a mystery?

Thanks.

The Justice brothers have been in the additive business 60+ years. They have had their cars raced at indy and made a lot of money selling additives.
Their oil additive looks like many around the globe. Mineral oil, pao and lead and whatever else they put in. No better than the rest. If you have a specific motor to clean there are hundreds of miracle products like this one. Their full product lineup looks a lot like amsoil and B-G .
Made in California no less.
Most serve a function and like fancy fishing lures ,catch more fisherman than fish. Read up on their history and see if the price/value meets what you are trying to accomplish in a specific motor.
I am generally against motor oil additives unless you have a problem that you wish to take a chance correcting.

http://justicebrothers.com/pages/company/index.htm

I have liked their cleaning products for air intakes and such, so their Oil Additive got my attention. Does it look like there's anything particularly harmful to motors in it?

Indeed. When it just said "NAP" I was like [censored]? so then I looked up the code next to it. Looks for sure to be the Lead stuff.

I have read the tests on it with Lab rats too. From what I have read, this stuff will out-do ZDDP, and it doesn't get chorosive like CP's. That said, besides the health risk, how does it fare in an engine?

From their website:
Quote:
Increase viscosity and anti-wear properties
Treats the Metal, Not the Oil®
Contains JB Metal Conditioner

Increase viscosity is most likely from VII. I'm guessing this would be the polymer on the MSDS.

"Metal Conditioner" is most certainly Chlorinated Paraffin.

Originally Posted By: 55
Diesel fuel, in an oil additive? What's the reason?

Just guessing, but a little bit of cleaning in order for the CP to get to the surface.

I've seen CP in their transmission products, but not in the motor oil products. I got MSDS from lots of thier stuff. I'm pretty darn sure this is CP free.

The results of using this in an older worn engine has met the claims on the can of smoother running, and restored power.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a CP product... More on the lines of what that RESTORE stuff is like.

I have emailed them about these things, and have been told the following..

"All Justice Brothers’ products are safe for use with vehicles equipped with catalytic converters when used as directed. Justice Brothers’ products are also safe for oxygen sensors, or any other sensor for that matter. I believe the reference you’re citing about restricting anti-wear additives in oil is partly due to zinc or ZDDP. The presence of zinc, also referred to as ZDDP, has been shown in studies to be harmful to the environment. Justice Brothers’ products do not contain zinc, ZDDP or Teflon®. Justice Brothers’ oil additives contain JB Metal Conditioner® which reduces friction and wear so the assembly runs cooler, quieter and smoother."

The MSDS I have is from 1998, so reformulated it may be. But looking at their product lines, the only think that shows a trace of CP is transmission products.

Last edited:
Yeah.... All of their stuff has "JB Metal Conditioner" whatever it is... it's said to NOT be CP, PTFE, or ZDDP... It's said on the package to be in most every one of their products.

The reason I'm asking all the JB stuff, is that recently I was encouraged to try some of their cleaning products for Fuel Systems and Air Intakes. I was thoroughly impressed with the results from those, so I figured I would research some of their other things.

The oil products may not be much to speak of, but the Penetrating oil, Fuel Injector Cleaner, and Air Intake cleaner really delivered for me. Maybe I can post about those in the fuel section. The JB-80 Penetrating Oil IMHO can stand wtih Kroil, Deep Creep and Blaster.

It's just a natural curiosity.. if I have a great experience driving a Ford 500, it only seems natural to take an intrest in the other Ford family products.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Do you realize how many of your posts are about Justice Brothers products? I hope this is not a form of spam,

x2, seems to be "pushing" the products a bit

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Do you realize how many of your posts are about Justice Brothers products? I hope this is not a form of spam,

Yeah.. I do. It was a subject of curiostity. It's a family of additives that I didn't see talked about online. I could find lots of info on many other products, but not these, so I thought I'd ask. and I got flamed at and banned from the board for not posting MSDS and being a scientist... So I got MSDS, and asked the same questions.. and overall, I got a few answers, and lots of insults.

I've read lots on this site, and learned some neat stuff... so I wanted to ask questions and get an idea what was in the family of these products and what was in them. I've seen CP, ZDDP, and PTFE.. this was different, I wanted to know what it was. Sue me.

Yeah.. It's not listed on the MSDS.. However, for their transmission products they do list CPH... so I would think they would add it to the MSDS if it was in there. Virtually all their products list "JB Metal Conditioner" on the front... and the MSDS is kind of a mystery as to what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back