Napa TruStop Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my local big name mechanic. They had a sale on front axle brake work using Napa TruStop pads. My OEM pads were at 25% when inspected. Apart from the $100 upgrade to "premium" pads, I decided to go with TruStop. Also changed the the brake fluid out with DOT 3 (2006 Toyota Sienna minivan).

My vehicle is only used around town with no extravagant performance requirements. Seems like people either love Napa or hate it. I just wanted an affordable brake job that will last a couple of years. Your thoughts...

Napa Tru Stop pads are all I put on my cars (and others that I maintain for a few people) They don't squeel, they stop well, and they are affordable. No cons that I know of.

Personaly I don't see how Napa stays in business, at least by me. Every time I have gone there for parts for several different types of cars, they never have anything in stock. They give me the we'll have to order it speel.Its a shame to because there only 4 blocks from my house. If I go to any of the other big name auto stores they have what I'm looking for, just have to pass the Napa store on the way.,,

You want reassurance and confidence over the internet.

You will have to let us know after those 2 years how those pads worked out on your vehicle.

First, why would you replace your pads when they have 25% left?

NAPA's Trustop pads are the worst pads they offer. It's similar to the Valucraft $9.95? brake pads that Autozone sells.

I put a set of Tru-Stop pads on my gf's Honda 2 years ago. They did very well, performed/stopped the car great, had no noise or squealing and put out very little dust. They are a pretty good brake pad for the money.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Personaly I don't see how Napa stays in business, at least by me. Every time I have gone there for parts for several different types of cars, they never have anything in stock. They give me the we'll have to order it speel.Its a shame to because there only 4 blocks from my house. If I go to any of the other big name auto stores they have what I'm looking for, just have to pass the Napa store on the way.,,

32.gif
Somewhat -

Just today I stopped at my local Kragen (they haven't changed their signs to Oreilly's yet) to get some G-05 antifreeze. According to their website they stock it. None in the store and the employees were too busy arguing over who was going to do what job to help me.

I drove about 3/4 of a mile to Napa. They had several employees in the store that were very happy to help me find it and yes they had it in stock, for a 1.00 a gallon less than Kragen.

I realize this is just antifreeze but most any other part I needed they have always had it in stock. One time they had a vacuum check valve in stock when Ford didn't and Ford said if I wanted the valve I had to buy the whole vacuum harness which was about 150.00 (IIRC).
The check valve at Napa? About 3.00.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
First, why would you replace your pads when they have 25% left?

NAPA's Trustop pads are the worst pads they offer. It's similar to the Valucraft $9.95? brake pads that Autozone sells.

Worst simply meaning they the most traditional brake pad, because they certainly are NOT bad brake pads. I like standard pads anymore because I find ceramics are very hard on rotors, and CAN make noise. The only benefit to ceramic is low dust, but the Tru Stops seem fine this dept overall, comparatively at least.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
[because I find ceramics are very hard on rotors, and CAN make noise.

Who cares?

Most rotors are only good for two sets of pads, and an increasing number is only good for one set.

So why should rotor life be of any consideration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back