2003 Jetta TDI Modified, M1 ESP 5w30, 4500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Double factory torque and HP, 4500 miles / 100 hours.

e55400.png

That's good oil still, hope you just sampled. If you dumped, keep it for lawnmower, beater, etc. Plenty of life left. Thanks for the UOA.

When was the car tuned, before the previous 7k UOA (what oil was that?)?
In my opinion the 7k UOA with SAE 40 oil with higher ZDDP and Ca was better even with 1% fuel in oil - not oil fault (no Nickel, much lower Lead, 30% better/lower Fe per 1k mi).
I wouldn't use M1 5W-30 ESP in highly tuned diesel, I'd look for higher ZDDP oil and maybe 5W-40.
Next time I would try e.g. AMSOIL 5W-30 HDD

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
That's good oil still, hope you just sampled. If you dumped, keep it for lawnmower, beater, etc. Plenty of life left. Thanks for the UOA.

I recycled it. Really wanted to try RL 0w40
blush.gif

No lawnmower, no other vehicle.

Originally Posted By: wlyszkow
When was the car tuned, before the previous 7k UOA (what oil was that?)?
In my opinion the 7k UOA with SAE 40 oil with higher ZDDP and Ca was better even with 1% fuel in oil - not oil fault (no Nickel, much lower Lead, 30% better/lower Fe per 1k mi).
I wouldn't use M1 5W-30 ESP in highly tuned diesel, I'd look for higher ZDDP oil and maybe 5W-40.
Next time I would try e.g. AMSOIL 5W-30 HDD

Car has been modified to this level (injectors, remap, turbo, intercooler, exhaust and a bit more) since halfway through the previous 7K mile interval of M1 0w40.

Depending on how far you go back with UOAs, my driving conditions were very different. Seasons play a factor too. Can't compare across the board.

Before M1 ESP 5w30 (this interval) and M1 0w40 (previous few intervals) I was using API 5w40 oils for a few years. Most are not ideal for year-round usage given my climate and driving conditions. Sub-par performance in the winter.

Even Euro 5w40 can't compete with Euro 0w40, 5w30, and 0w30 in the winter here (0C to -25C).

M1 0w40 has been the best oil so far I've used
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back