Anyone use Cycle Trader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still prefer craigslist. Sure there are scammers, but you have a better chance of getting a good deal than cycle trader where everyone is asking bluebook, or more than. I just got the deal of a lifetime, picked up a Honda Spirit 1100 (2000) with only 22k on it for $2100. Bags, aftermarket seat, and removeable windshield.

I can see that advantage as a buyer...what about as a seller though? I haven't had much interest on Craigs selling my zx14 and I know its a killer deal. I've always had great results in the past but this time it's just dead.

What's it cost to post an ad on CycleTrader?

In general, CL and CT are two two websites that I visit when looking at used bikes.

In this area Cycle Trader is 99% dealerships.

CraigsList is full of scammers, but they are always so easy to spot. Deal with cash only.

Quote:
I haven't had much interest on Craigs selling my zx14 and I know its a killer deal.
Yes, the market is dead. What you think is a killer deal isn't good enough to cause a reluctant buyer to reach into his wallet. Gotta go lower in this market.

Unfortunately it seems you are right. Luckily, I don't HAVE to sell. It's all paid for but it's just a shame to have the bike sit there due to having no free time these days. It's like sitting a star athlete on the bench...

I buy and sell a few bikes here and there.

The great thing about Craig's list is that it's free. I also go out to the forums and post in the bikes for sale classified.

And yes, I also buy an ad on Cycle Trader. I get the one with three photos and pay a little extra to get the option to run it forever, or until it sells.

The one thing that's nice about Cycle Trader is that a prospective buyer can look at a specific bike, or a price range and enter the distance from his zip code. Not finding anything, he can increase that distance. A prospective buyer is not necessarily tied to a certain city. Yes, much of Cycle Trader is Dealers and so your bike will be almost always be priced less.

And yes, the market is pretty dead right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back