1st UOA 2010 RAM 6.7L 8200mi unknown oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just joined and making my first post. I recently posted this over on Cummins Forum and was told that there may be some interest on this forum as well. Here goes:

"Just got my first post-delete report back. I had a few miles of full emissions with the EGR unplugged between my last oil change and when I actually did the deletes but most of the ~8200 miles on this oil were put on post-deletes. Sadly I didn't send a pre-delete sample but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be this pretty.

All oil changes were done at the dealer (freebies). They were even kind enough to collect this sample for me."

Oil%20Analysis%20Apr%202011.png

I think this looks pretty good for OEM oil/filter with >8K miles on it. Aluminum and potassium are a bit high though I'm not sure if there is anything to be concerned about given the low miles on the engine. Very happy to see the fuel dilution and soot levels are so low.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was done by a dealer, wouldn't this oil be Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40? Isn't that what is 'recommended' by Cummins for their engines?

Originally Posted By: dparm
More proof that modern oils are more than capable of handling 99.9% of engines.

With emissions systems deleted.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back