Page Plus Cellular - PrePaid - One happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Verizon customer but I was really getting tired of paying so much every month. I also really wanted a Droid X but didn't want to pay the $30 a month extra for data. I have WiFi basically everywhere I go so no need for the data.
I heard about this PagePlus company and thought I'd give them a try. I went on eBay and bought a Droid X for $375.

I went with the online dealer named Kitty Wireless. They have excellent customer service!!! I paid $15 to port my number over from Verizon and only took 20 minutes to be fully ported over.
Next I had to order my Pin cards. I went with the $19.95 monthly unlimited texting pack and an $80 card that lasts for a year and gives you 2000 minutes at 4 cents a minute. Works out great for me since I don't call all that much.

Before they activated the pins on my phone for me, I received a call from their customer support, they seen I had a Droid and wanted to make sure I knew how to either shut data off or to control it. They said if I didn't they would walk me through the steps.

I have the same great service that I had through Verizon except paying so much less.
With the Droid X on Verizon (inc'd Taxes) $97 - PagePlus $27 = SAVINGS $70

I'm saving $70 a month!!!! Its fantastic!!

I highly recommend them and they also have many other cards and even monthly combo plans.

Yeah Page plus rocks. I've been using them since 2007. I've saved tons of money.

I never knew about this company til my sister told me, she heard of them through a local Boost Mobile dealer, who apparantly has "connections" with a couple different wireless outfits......and yea, she liked them, but then she decided to upgrade her phone to a Droid (no idea which 1) that she now despises :p And they transferred her service over to the Verizon network now, something about the Droid phone she bought used, was CDMA I think.....but her old phone (that she had thru pageplus) had a SIM card, so they weren't totally compatible.

I still can't figure out how people willingly pay hundreds each month for cellular service AND be tied down with 2 year contracts.

I am glad that you found a cheaper way to get the same service. I did something similar with TMobile and am saving around $50 a month.

IMHO there seems to be a misalignment of priorities when people start shelling out more for mobile phone service each month than they pay for water and electricity.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
......And they transferred her service over to the Verizon network now, something about the Droid phone she bought used, was CDMA I think.....but her old phone (that she had thru pageplus) had a SIM card, so they weren't totally compatible.

PagePlus and Verizon both use CDMA, sim cards are for GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost, etc)

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I still can't figure out how people willingly pay hundreds each month for cellular service AND be tied down with 2 year contracts.

I am glad that you found a cheaper way to get the same service. I did something similar with TMobile and am saving around $50 a month.

IMHO there seems to be a misalignment of priorities when people start shelling out more for mobile phone service each month than they pay for water and electricity.

Same here. I love the prepaid because I only pay for what I actually need and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back