Varnish in Honda 3.5 VTEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once it is cleaned up, I will stay with either PP or Ultra. Keeping an engine clean is one thing, but I am not sure if any motor oil on the market can clean up an already dirty/varnished engine.

Last edited:
No way any oil or additive would have cleaned this mess up IMO.
It got Kreen for 1K and the oil came out clean so i guess i didn't miss too much,now it has Mobil 1 5w-30 ESP in the crankcase for 5K OCI.

Everything is nice and dry and no issues with the engine.
I must admit i was happy to see the tail lights on this one.
Someone else talked to me about another one of these just yesterday with VSA light and sliding door problems
27.gif

Yes it cleans quickly.Without seeing it i don't know if 1 dose will do it.
If it doesn't there is no need to change the oil at 1K just add another 16oz for another 1K then change to your regular oil.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Yes it cleans quickly.Without seeing it i don't know if 1 dose will do it.
If it doesn't there is no need to change the oil at 1K just add another 16oz for another 1K then change to your regular oil.

I had around 1K miles on a new OCI of Castrol Edge before adding the Kreen.

As mentioned before, I ran 3 consecutive tanks with BG 44K, on the new oil, to clean up the top end. I am now thinking about changing the oil after the first round of Kreen, mainly because I ran the 3 tanks of BG 44K on this OCI(will have 2K miles on oil after the first round of Kreen). Not sure if the BG 44K effected the motor oil or not. Who knows how much 44K is in the oil with the Kreen. Oil now is probably a 0W10. LOL...

Someone else talked to me about another one of these just yesterday with VSA light and sliding door problems
27.gif

What does it take to twist your arms? You know I do have 1999 Odyssey and when the time comes, I need to be able to talk you in to it. I need some pointers (I take it that just few German 24packs won't do it :)

- Vikas

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
27.gif

What does it take to twist your arms? You know I do have 1999 Odyssey and when the time comes, I need to be able to talk you in to it. I need some pointers (I take it that just few German 24packs won't do it :)

- Vikas

Pretty hard to turn down a good German beer. Yum...

Great no further issues.
I don't believe it my brothers sister in law just bought one of these things used OMG! I guess i am getting scarce when this one comes rolling/towed in,i really don't like these things.:)

I actually traded mine because it looked like it was cleaning up but I still could not get rid of an upper cylinder knock. Bye bye honda/acura forever.

I like Honda bikes the 1100 V4,large water cooled L4's and pancake engines were amazing,i would own another one without hesitation.Their cars and automotive engines on the other hand seem to to be loosing some of that shining image they once had.

I like Honda bikes the 1100 V4,large water cooled L4's and pancake engines were amazing,i would own another one without hesitation.Their cars and automotive engines on the other hand seem to to be loosing some of that shining image they once had.

Stick with a 4th, 5th, or 6th gen.
thumbsup2.gif

I just read it since i saw your link to it,interesting.
I have been running Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 in these so far with no problems but yes there definitely seems to be a real problem with these engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back