Dumb Road signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post the dumbest road signs you've ever seen (if you can find pics, post them) Even if they aren't necessarily "real".

Not sure if this one is or not. I'm guessing not.

n529404726_1250468_7934.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I think this really happened somewhere in California once...

funny-road-signs-2jpg1359272.jpg

I laughed. Then my flu kicked in and I half laughed/half coughed for a full minute.

Hey! I've been to that first picture, I have pics. I went on a hike out over the old lava flows. Tore the heck out of my shoes....

EDIT: ROFLZOMG at the last one. Love those guys.

Last edited:
Sorry, no photos:

"Bridges Freezes Before Roadway"

"Ice May Exist"

Not dumb, but emphatic:

"Truckers, you are not down yet!" (heading into Denver from the west on I-70)

True story: A few years ago came up on a highway construction zone. They had the generator powered sign-on-a-trailer set up on the shoulder, with the usual multi line "lane closure....." blurb going. My wife and I cracked up at the last display- "PREPARE TO BE ANNOYED" I hope whoever set it up didn't get fired. It was the best notice I've ever seen.

There is a "Speed Hump" insetead of speed bump sign in the Disney warehouse area I always thought was funny.

Last edited:
I thought this one was funny. It's real and is located at the intersection of Lockport Rd. and Ward Rd. in Sanborn, NY (near Niagara Falls). I posted it on BITOG, just a little over a year ago.

eqrr5j.jpg

I don't have a picture of it but at Rend Lake in Illinois there is a sign about two foot into the water that says "Road Ends In Water".

31_speed_limit_RE_Number_Game-s396x616-36454-580.jpg

Saw one in Oklahoma for 46mph. Apparently the Oklahoma DOT doesn't let a little thing like running out of 5s or 0s stop them from making speed limit signs

Originally Posted By: noblite
I don't have a picture of it but at Rend Lake in Illinois there is a sign about two foot into the water that says "Road Ends In Water".

There's one of those at the boat ramp near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back