Redline Racing (Type F) ATF in a 2008 V6 Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably do 3x2 fills of D4 and 3x1 of type F and see what happens.

The Redline Racing ATF is much thicker (10 cSt) than D4 (7.0 cSt) and does not have friction modifiers, which may accelerate wear in your transmission.

Recommendation: See if some aftermarket company has a valve body shift kit or ECU performance chip and use D4.

Last edited:
i specifically asked the redline tech that question and he said that it wont create accelerated wear, but could cause issues with converter lockup.

You won't notice much of a difference with a single drain/fill. Definitely a modest impovement in firmness. But remember, if you do 3drain/fills, you'll only have 70% type F.

i plan on doing 2-3 drain and fills with the D4 ATF and 1 with the type F.

I had D4 in there already for 10-15k, definitely much better than stock. If it makes you more comfortable, doing a single drain and fill with Type F first is the safest thing to do! If you wanted to do a second drain and fill with type f you should only see benefits!

Originally Posted By: jtaylor
I had D4 in there already for 10-15k, definitely much better than stock. If it makes you more comfortable, doing a single drain and fill with Type F first is the safest thing to do! If you wanted to do a second drain and fill with type f you should only see benefits!

Did you consider redline high-temp ATF? It has all friction modifiers of D4 but higher viscosity. I use it in my toyota echo with great results

Originally Posted By: jtaylor
You won't notice much of a difference with a single drain/fill. Definitely a modest impovement in firmness. But remember, if you do 3drain/fills, you'll only have 70% type F.

Don't u mean 90%?

i think he did. The fluid i ordered just came in. I think i'm going to do 2 drain/fills of D4 and 1 of type F.

and depending how the transmission reacts, i may add a higher mix of type F in future fluid changes. I will post results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back