Mobil Super 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and not trying to beat a dead horse hear but I stopped by advance auto and got 4 qts of Mobil Super 5000 5w20 for 3.17$ a qt. Cant complain honestly. Is anyone here using the Mobil Super 5000, and how do you folks like it? Just curious and can anyone give me advice or info to find out what add pack is in it, or where to go to get info? Thank You all in advance,

Adam Vasbinder

the mobil super 5000 used to be their Clean 5000, which is now discontinued.
I use it on a friends car.. there's no glory in it.. it just works like it's supposed to..

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Good low cost oil that gets the job done.

+1, lean on the add pack, but I would not hesitate to run 3-5k intervals. Depends on what engine I was running it in and my driving style,highway/city. My uncle is running it (5w20) in his '07 Accord VP and he says it is running nice at 6k. He does 90% HWay miles. I told him to let me change it at 7500. (He is a little "frugal")
27.gif

Hey chubbs and yeah, my miles each day are 18-24 highway and when I go to punxsutawney thats about 130 miles highway, plus visiting friends in Hellvatia, Gypsy and Adrian thats highway. I am going to my brothers house sometime in May also so from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg is about 250 miles each way. I have about 5k on the motorcraft syn blend, not too impressed with it. I think I will stay with the Mobil Super 5000 for bout 6-7k myself.

thanks for the advice guys

Adam

Haven't tried the Super 5000 but have done a few oil changes in three different cars w/the older SM version, Mobil Clean 5000. Excellent oil. Honestly, I going to get a few cases of this oil (5w-20) from "O'Reilly's" tomorrow. I was running w/Motorcraft Syn. Blend (SM version) on my 10' Focus and just did an oil change using MC 5000. IMO, the engine runs smoother w/this oil. I like the Mobil Clean 5000 better. I have read the add pack is different vs. the SM/SN version. Hopefully, I'll get a deal....
smile.gif

That is what the Toyota dealer I go to for oil changes uses in bulk. Nothing special, just gets the job done which suits me just fine.

I honestly believe; GhostFlame, what my brother told me "any motor oil that is rated and proven itself, whether it be Pennzoil, Valvoline, Formula Shell, Mobil Clean 5000, blah, etc. that it can go 5-7k, and he uses this oil in his 05' and 04 gto. No problems yet at all, and he still uses it in his 96 Acura Legend 5w30 flavor.

Just purchased some of the super 5000 from pep boys this weekend. 5 quarts and a purolator filter for 12.99. Will be using it on the Rambler.

i have it in my focus and after 3k it looks good and w/ no burnoff...seems like best value for dino

It's a good oil for a decent price and I going to use it for my next oil change. Also, check target if you want individual quarts (without oil/filter specials), they usually have it for ~$2.70 at my local target.

Been using Mobil Clean 5000 for the last 15K miles in the V6 Altima. Been changing oil/filter right at 5000 miles, and engine is spotless in cam area (viewed through oil cap). Burns about 1/10th a qt in 5000 miles. Will be using the new Mobil Super next since the Clean 5000 is now discontinued.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
Make sure that you read the label if you buy oil at Target. They sell Mobil SPECIAL not SUPER. Big difference.

WTH is Mobil "SPECIAL"???
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back