ideling hrs. est. 300
John Deere plus 50 10w-30(CI-4)
04/12/11 sample date

iron............................61
chromium.........................1
nickel...........................1
aluminum........................ lead.............................4
copper...........................1
tin............................. silver......................... titanium........................ silicon..........................5
boron..........................166
sodium...........................4
potassium...................... molybdenum.....................121
phosphorus....................1447
zinc..........................1652
calcium.......................3973
barium......................... magnesium.......................93
antimony....................... vanadium........................ fuel% vol....................... t/s% vol.........................1
water% vol..................... vis cs 100c...................12.2

Other than the iron everything looks good. This truck idles constantly to run the hydralic system, I don't have a hour meter on it. I change the oil annually.

Good report. You didn't change it, did you? The only thing that jumps out at me is that my '86 6.9L averages iron in the 40ppm range with 100K more miles on it. Don't think yours is really that bad but I just wonder.

Yes I did change it, its year was up. Our busy season begins May 1 and its usually away from home until Dec., so it gets changed every year in apr.
Just guessing it probably has 300 ideling hrs., two years would be pushing it too far.

I run two and three year intervals on trucks and tractors all the time with good UOAs. Your soot and fuel are nice & low too. No TBN, Oxidation or Nitration numbers to look at but everything else points to oil that's still healthy. Oil doesn't run on a time clock. Your choice, of course.

I would recommend wiring the high idle solenoid up to a manual switch if your not raising the idle some other way.

The IDIs were known to get flat spots on the roller lifters from to much idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back