A380 clips regional plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better there than being
shocked.gif
the A-380 Captain who just ended his career...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Better there than being
shocked.gif

I thought about the what might happen to him. So you think he is toast huh?

Woman driver in the Bombardier? I'd stake money on it. Prolly just sittin' there for no [censored] reason at all wondering where she's supposed to taxi to.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Better there than being
shocked.gif

more like the ground controller who endid his career. apparently the regional couldn't taxi to the gate and was blocked off from omving; A380 should not have approached.

Originally Posted By: maersk
Woman driver in the Bombardier? I'd stake money on it. Prolly just sittin' there for no [censored] reason at all wondering where she's supposed to taxi to.

that's just unnecessary without knowing the facts!

I'm so glad you aren't an American.

I saw the video and thought "clipped"??? That was one pretty darn hard "clip".

Should have been "A380 takes Bombardier for a spin."

Last edited:

"She" backed into the Airbus ?

Originally Posted By: crinkles
that's just unnecessary without knowing the facts!

Sure, but it's fun and true most of the time. Just like with opening pickle jars, parallel parking and other such fun activities, I might add.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
I'm so glad you aren't an American.

Come again?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
"She" backed into the Airbus ?

It looks to me like the Bombardier failed to clear the taxi way.

Someone was in someone else's way. I have to imagine there are lines for the planes to follow for taxi in order to account for wingspan, etc.

Given that the 380 is new and huge, could it have been a mismarking/misreading issue?

A plane of that size is more like a football field on wheels. It was bound to happen. But that wasn't no clip, we're talking whiplash....any lawyers in the house?

Yeah, seriously, the taxi lanes at most airports weren't designed to accomodate such wide loads. It's similar to hauling a mobile home down the road.

Airports get certified from the FAA for aircraft of this size (and the new Boeing 747-8). The infrastructure was adequate to support the equipment. I assume the A380 was taxiing down the centerline of the taxiway, as he or she was supposed to be doing. I'm sure the controller planned for the CRJ to be clear of the A380's path (including wingtips). It looks like congestion halted the CRJ before it cleared the A380's wingtips. A close review of the tape will show who was in communication with whom, and will probably reveal that an assumption was made that ground traffic was flowing smoothly when it was not. As is usually the case, I'm sure a ton of variables all came together to create this situation...like 5 minutes earlier, a bag fell off a cart, which halted the luggage cart, which halted a fuel truck, which delayed a gate approach, etc...

This very same situation could have occured with a 767 or 737 or other smaller aircraft as well.

Woman driver in the Bombardier? I'd stake money on it.

So without any information or proof you claim to know the gender of the pilots.

Here in the states that's sexism and it's something not practiced by mature, intelligent adults. Anyone with a modicum of brainpower knows that gender stereotyping is a sign of an insecure person-one who needs some serious help.

Prolly just sittin' there for no [censored] reason at all wondering where she's supposed to taxi to.

ABC news reported that the smaller plane stopped short to avoid a truck passing in front. They also interviewed a pilot (Michael Barr) who claimed that the Airbus crew was responsible for making certain there was clearance for their plane to get around the smaller plane before they proceeded.

So far on the limited information available you're 0 for 2. Not exactly a good record.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Woman driver in the Bombardier? I'd stake money on it.

Here in the states that's sexism and it's something not practiced by mature, intelligent adults. Anyone with a modicum of brainpower knows that gender stereotyping is a sign of an insecure person-one who needs some serious help.

maersk should hook up with Popinski. They seem to think alike:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2222595#Post2222595

lol.gif

I said I'd place a wager on it. That's a claim of confidence, not certainty.

Here in the states that's sexism

What you call sexism I call common knowledge.
smile.gif

it's something not practiced by mature, intelligent adults.

I'm very immature.

Anyone with a modicum of brainpower knows that gender stereotyping is a sign of an insecure person-one who needs some serious help.

It's not stereotyping if it's overwhelmingly true. In all honestly, I can tell the gender of drivers ahead of me just by the way they handle their vehicles and themselves through traffic. As I pass them I've come to find I'm almost always right.

If they keep way too far from the curb (even so far as to straddle 2 lanes), travel well under the limit in the passing lane, brake too early, are generally lacking in confidence or over cautious, can't or won't keep their lane, are clumsy, a nuisance or inconvenience to me or other drivers then I can conclude with reasonable certainty that...

I'm not saying all women are poor drivers. Just that most are complete klutzes behind the wheel.

And you're the one who's insecure, getting all worked up like that over politically incorrect yet accurate statements.

ABC news reported that the smaller plane stopped short to avoid a truck passing in front.

Like I said, they stopped some 100 odd feet ahead of the truck for no good reason.

The truck was long gone and still they wouldn't move. Just stood there like klutzes inconveniencing people.

How was I to conclude anything other than what I did about the pilot?

They also interviewed a pilot (Michael Barr) who claimed that the Airbus crew was responsible for making certain there was clearance for their plane to get around the smaller plane before they proceeded.

Of course they would blame the French. The Canadians weren't handy.

So far on the limited information available you're 0 for 2. Not exactly a good record.

Who's keeping a record? And why do you claim I'm wrong (about the Bombardier pilot being a woman) when you also lack any proof.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
maersk should hook up with Popinski. They seem to think alike:

Your innuendo reflects more on your own homophobic bigotry and insecurity than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back