Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
What is the difference between Ultra and Pennzoil Platinum and why is Ultra being phased out ??

Ultra is supposed to be better than Platinum. Kind of like M1 EP is supposed to be better than regular M1 or Edge is supposed to be better than Syntec.

Ultra is not being phased out.

AFAIK, some stores stopped selling Ultra because people weren't buying enough of it. The product line will continue; it just will take some time to penetrate the market.

The reason I thought it was being phased out is that at my Wal Mart it no longer has a place in the shelves and they have lowered the price to 5.00 a jug for 5-20 and 11.00 for 10-30.

Originally Posted By: VRAY
The reason I thought it was being phased out is that at my Wal Mart it no longer has a place in the shelves and they have lowered the price to 5.00 a jug for 5-20 and 11.00 for 10-30.

If it were $11 a jug for the 10W30 here,I`d be all over it. I just got back from my Walmart and it`s still $26 :^(

I would be stocking up at that price! Great oil...niche market (those willing to pay for the premium extended drain...clearly from my signature, I am in that market...).

The 5W40 Euro formulation is even harder to find...but hey, I ordered it when they were still giving out the Ferrari hats...so, I feel like I got a bargain!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: VRAY

What part of Texas are you in? I'm coming to Texas next month and if you are close to where I'm going to be, I ask you to buy all the 5W-20 they have at that price ($5.00 for a 5-quart jug) and I will get it from you when I arrive.

I bought the last 3 jugs of 5-20 and I am waiting for the 10-30 to drop down more.I think there were 5 or 6 left. I find it odd that they would lower the price from 26.00 to 5.00 in only a few weeks time but I am glad they did.And by the way, the oil I have is already spoken for.Sorry

PU is an outstanding oil the (problem?) is that PP is very good too and people I think have a hard time justifying the cost. I think it is worth the extra $, but if you can find it for a good deal then dive in. PU has run great in my civic and Altima. It will be the only oil I use for my Civic from now on probably, runs great and the car is driven by my brother who beats it up an idles too much. 9K and it is a beautiful clear dark amber color coming out. Sorry for the rant...GOOD OIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back