Mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again....another post on 'mixing'.

If you've been on this site for any length of time....the simple answer is "YES...it OK". How many time does this subject have to be brought up. Mixing is OK!

Your engine will not know the difference....

Originally Posted By: Baveux
Guys can I mix PYB 5w30SM with PYB 5w30SN ?
Thanks

Absolutely not!
They will not mix and you'll end up with oil separation in the bearings! Furthermore since the oils "clash" the end result is a 20wt oil at best!
The best advise I can give is to flush the engine first with some SN flushing oil but don't use the SM type because that won't work for obvious reasons. Repeat. Then you can use some SN oil.

I hope I've caught you in time before you destroyed your engine.
Oh, and btw, you can totally ignore any labeling on the bottle that says you can mix the oil with any other conventional or synthetic because it doesn't say anything about SM!

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Thanks

Absolutely not!
They will not mix and you'll end up with oil separation in the bearings! Furthermore since the oils "clash" the end result is a 20wt oil at best!
The best advise I can give is to flush the engine first with some SN flushing oil but don't use the SM type because that won't work for obvious reasons. Repeat. Then you can use some SN oil.

I hope I've caught you in time before you destroyed your engine.
Oh, and btw, you can totally ignore any labeling on the bottle that says you can mix the oil with any other conventional or synthetic because it doesn't say anything about SM!

That was sarcasm... Caterham has a rather dry wit....

Thanks

Yes!
You can blend different Pennzoil oil weights also... for example 5W-30 with 5W-20.

You can also blend Pennzoil conventional with their synthetic oils

Well thanks for ALL the answers, some were very informative , others gave me mixed feeling hey hey.

I know one thing for sure, you cannot mix Cognac, beer and wine;-))

Well thanks for ALL the answers, some were very informative , others gave me mixed feeling hey hey.

I know one thing for sure, you cannot mix Cognac, beer and wine;-))

LOL Beer, Gin, and wine don't mix well either. Especially in excess.

OP mix away. I cull my stash mixing in my beater Aerostar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back