Motul 300V 5w40 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of using this oil in a '09 BMW Z4 with the N54 engine (heat shear and fuel dilution) at about 5k mi OCI. Click the link below and hopefully it takes you to the VOA.

Motul300V5w40VOA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yowzers, 800ppm of Moly. Thanks for posting the VOA. I would suggest getting TAN also when you do a UOA because interpreting TAN and TBN can be tricky with ester-based oils. Very interested to see how this oil performs in your car.

AFAIK, an oil 'can't' be 100% Ester-base, there has to be other fluids in there to balance the formulation. Even Redline oils are 'only' 60-70% Polyol Ester, the rest is PAO.

I could be wrong. butIi thought that was the case, most oils are a mix of bases.

just telling you what was told to me,not once, but several times throughout the years they must use some other additive or a very small amt.of pao( like redline..redline says they use a "tad of pao")

Originally Posted By: addyguy
AFAIK, an oil 'can't' be 100% Ester-base,

I could be wrong. but I thought that was the case, most oils are a mix of bases.

You are wrong. There are many type of ester oils that can be used to make a 100% ester based oil. Maxima oil is one of them.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: addyguy
AFAIK, an oil 'can't' be 100% Ester-base,

I could be wrong. but I thought that was the case, most oils are a mix of bases.

You are wrong. There are many type of ester oils that can be used to make a 100% ester based oil. Maxima oil is one of them.

Shake those bottles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back