Centric PosiQuiet Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the local tire shop this morning and noticed they had replaced all of their stock of Centric 104/105 pads with Napa Safety Stop Pads and Carquest Akebonos.

The manager said they were having issues with the Centric pads and switched to a different brand as a result.

Just thought I'd share...

I've had them on the z for about 4000miles and my rotors are slightly warped(I track the car tho) when I ran oem pads no issues at track or warping. But I use them at the shop for a lot of customers vehicles but no issues. I will be switching to slotted rotors and akebono pads soon. Trying those out.

Centric makes a lot of pads. If the really were PQ's I could never recommend them to anyone. Fade early and often, and even delayed bite in wet. I can only imagine how bad they'd be up north in the cold.

Did the manager say what the issues were with the Centric's?
What is 104/105?

Gee, I just reveived the whole kit(from Rock Auto) of 4 Centric Premium Rotors(w/Black E-coating) and Posi-Quiet "Ceramic" pads all F&R for my daughters car('06 Mazda3 2.0L) and will install them when weather and time permit.

I haven't read anything recently that was too negative about Centric(always find some low reviews/unhappy customers) and these Rotors/Pads seem to meet the criteria that I look for when buying brake pads/rotors. Also, I have had good succuss with their products in the past and I just did some research again for reviews before making a final decision. Also had members here at Bob's throw in some good comments with their experience. I hope I get the good ones[brakes] and not the ones that customers are complaining about.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Centric makes a lot of pads. If the really were PQ's I could never recommend them to anyone. Fade early and often, and even delayed bite in wet. I can only imagine how bad they'd be up north in the cold.

Steve, what type of driving do you do? These brakes I purchaced will be used in normal everyday type driving.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Steve, what type of driving do you do? These brakes I purchaced will be used in normal everyday type driving.

I am talking mildly fast street driving. I specifically remember one night in the rain when I hit the brakes and got NOTHING for a split second and then they were fine.

I am speaking from my experience and dozens of others on the 300 forums. The PQ is a very low dust formula, and you can't get a great biting pad and have low dust, too!

Odds are in regular traffic you may never notice.

I realize that Critic is talking about the PQ's and I'm talking about the PQ Ceramic

I was talking about the Posi-Quiet ceramics-- that's why I said 104 (semi-metallic) and 105 (ceramic) series.

Did the manager say what the issues were with the Centric's?

No, but I will be back at the shop this week so I will ask. But I will guess noise, since that is usually the #1 customer complaint.

Well, I hope to have as good of luck/succuss with these pads/rotors as I have had in the past. I prayed first before making my final choice and buying so, it's out of my hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back