Mobil Super 5000 High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I heard someone say this is a blend. Is that true, and where can I find it stated? Does Mobil say it's a blend?

No blend that I have read. What do you mean by blend? Like it has actual Grp. IV or V? No way my friend, I would put my last dollar on that one. It is just a quality Grp.II most likely with some chemical seal conditioners. No one on this site knows exactly what it is, and if they did they can't say;)

So is it a blend of Mobil Super and Mobil Super Synthetic?

Also, from their web-site Mobil Super HM looks pretty similar to Mobil Super, so what's the difference? (aside from "Help control oil consumption and loss"?)

I'm baffled, the M1 Super 5K specs look better, not by a whole lot but better FP, VI. If it is a blend then they both are I guess, or I am just lost somewhere. Either way They both look like good oils. Maybe slight Grp III added.

Originally Posted By: BoomerCTD
It says its a blend on the back of the bottle, someone posted a pic on the forums somewhere.
Mike

Someone show me. I looked at mine last night..no one word of it being synthetic blend.

Never mind..found it...it is a blend...cool

Mobil Super High Mileage
High Mileage Motor Oil
Product Description
Mobil Super High Mileage uses a combination of synthetic and conventional high quality base oils combined with modern performance additives to help provide long engine life and outstanding protection for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles. Formulated with seal conditioner, Mobil Super High Milegage helps prevent leaks and reduce oil consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back