Switched over to Synthetic Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the northeast riding season will be here soon. Today I switched over my 2010 Harley Davidson FXDC to Mobil-1 20w-50 V-Twin for the motor & Spectro Syn 6-speed for the trans! I will feel better now in traffic on those hot summer days!

I just took a bike out of storage, DR650 Suzuki. I have the filter & plan an oil change soon. I'm still deciding on the oil. It will be some type of 10w-40 though.

Riding season is here, even if it's a bit chilly! My GF got me a Heated liner for Christmas. I went for a ride the other day, and it was 51 F. I was nice and warm!

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
In the northeast riding season will be here soon. Today I switched over my 2010 Harley Davidson FXDC to Mobil-1 20w-50 V-Twin for the motor & Spectro Syn 6-speed for the trans! I will feel better now in traffic on those hot summer days!

Yeah? Got any pictures?
This thread is worthless without pictures.
I'll start
Here's my FXDC
FXDC2010.jpg

Is there any special reason that you decided on the synthetic oil? Or a reason that you went with the Mobil 1 V-Twin oil? What are you using in your primary chaincase?

Thanks

Kevin

My road sofa- '07 Electra Glide Classic.
Just switched from synthetics to VR1 dino, LOL.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
I just took a bike out of storage, DR650 Suzuki. I have the filter & plan an oil change soon. I'm still deciding on the oil. It will be some type of 10w-40 though.

The DR's are great duel sports! I can highly recommend Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 for these bikes, its all I use in mine. The biggest difference you may feel is in shift quality. Happy riding...

Well, I went with the Rotella 15w-40 oil in the DR. I don't ride below 45 degrees or so & take it easy when I do. I saw some pretty good reviews with this oil for bikes so I'll try it.

Originally Posted By: Lost1

i caught myself looking at your background and thought to myself (sure does look familiar) I was right.. I spend a little time each year on 129 and the cherohola.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: Lost1

i caught myself looking at your background and thought to myself (sure does look familiar) I was right.. I spend a little time each year on 129 and the cherohola.

That was my first trip to the BRP a couple years ago. Awesome ride!

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
Well, I went with the Rotella 15w-40 oil in the DR. I don't ride below 45 degrees or so & take it easy when I do. I saw some pretty good reviews with this oil for bikes so I'll try it.

I have had a good experience with the 15w-40 as well, plus its cheaper if you want to change it out more often. Very stiff add pack, and great sheer stability for an air cooled DR. Keep the rubber side down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back