Good oil filter brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else run K&N oil filters on their motorcycle? How is the construction and quality? Any issues?

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Some (all?) current Purolator m/c oil filters are Chinese.

HiFlo is a brand that my local indie shop has good results with. HiFloFiltro also makes the K&N branded m/c oil filters as well as HiFlo m/c air filters.

the hiflo filters I've used says made in thailand. is that better or worse than 'chinese'?

I've use about 20+ hiflo filters. they are about 50% cheaper than a manufactre's OEM filter.

Originally Posted By: fast4d
Originally Posted By: Ken2
Some (all?) current Purolator m/c oil filters are Chinese.

HiFlo is a brand that my local indie shop has good results with. HiFloFiltro also makes the K&N branded m/c oil filters as well as HiFlo m/c air filters.

the hiflo filters I've used says made in thailand. is that better or worse than 'chinese'?

I've use about 20+ hiflo filters. they are about 50% cheaper than a manufactre's OEM filter.

Yes, how about the hiflo's? Anyone done a filtration test or torn one apart? do they stack up to OEM or frams offerings?

I saw a cut-away comparison of the OEM Ducati filters versus the K&N, and the K&N filter media is taller and there's more surface area. The K&N is also supposed to have a silicone ADBV so I ordered a few K&Ns for my Ducati.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back