Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard it's now 3.52 around KC. .10 bump overnight although it was 3.39 yesterday so probably 3.49-3.52.

Last edited:
$3.61 at the local 7-11 store here. I went to visit family today and paid $3.63 for Marathon 87 at a station about 15 miles south of here. The highest price I saw was $3.83 at a Shell station right off an interstate exit. Most other stations I saw today were between $3.60 to $3.70.

If the speculators and traders that are artifcially driving the prices up actually had to take delivery of the oil they buy and sell every day, things would be much different at the pumps. I guess we will have to keep on listening to those who say the speculators have nothing to do with the price increases.

If it keeps going up at this same rate it will be over $5.00 before July 4th. I hope the Middle East settles down very soon. Maybe then things can try to make a slow descent back to a normal and affordable price.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Gas went up 20 Cents a Gallon today!!!!!

Now up 25 Cents a Gallon again today!

THAT'S 45 CENTS A GALLON IN A WEEK!!!!!
spankme2.gif

Yup gas prices are up dad got a note on his Festiva last weekend somebody wanting to buy it. You know that happens every time it gets to 3.50 a gallon. They sure must be desperate that car has some serious rust issues.. 45mpg steady at 220k dad doesn't care.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190

If the speculators and traders that are artifcially driving the prices up actually had to take delivery of the oil they buy and sell every day, things would be much different at the pumps. I guess we will have to keep on listening to those who say the speculators have nothing to do with the price increases.

A few nights ago they were talking about the speculators on the news. They said that there is no supply problem and that the speculators are responsible for 60 to 70% of the price of oil. Even 50% less would put prices around here down to just under 1.80 a gallon.

The price is $3.69 at the local 7-11 today. I do hope the speculators, traders, Wall Street suits, fat cat oil company execs and whoever else is profiting off of ordinary working people really do get to enjoy the huge profits they make at our expense.

The price is $3.69 at the local 7-11 today. I do hope the speculators, traders, Wall Street suits, fat cat oil company execs and whoever else is profiting off of ordinary working people really do get to enjoy the huge profits they make at our expense.

How can they sleep at night is what I wonder about.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

How can they sleep at night is what I wonder about.

It's easy for them. They rationalize they are actually doing everyone a favor. Just go read the thread, "Here go the oil speculators again" and you'll see it explained how the speculators are doing everyone a favor and making things wonderful.

I wonder why they don't just go ahead on and make the price $5.00 a gallon now. Get it over with, we all know that is where it's headed anyway. At least then they could leave the prices alone for a while and we would not have to watch it bump up higher every day and we would not see the suits on the TV news and online explaining all their "reasons" for the price increases.

If the price of a gallon of regular 87 octane was held at 5 bucks for a while maybe we ordinary working folks could at least know a definite amount of money to budget for gas each week or month. Or on a possibly more realistic approach, we could know how much money to cut out of some other part of our household budgets to make up for getting raped at the gas pumps by the fat cats, traders and other responsible parties. And I think we all know who the "other responsible parties" are in this situation.

Just a thought.

$3.89 for 87 unleaded here. It's gone up $1.39/gallon in 9 months. Sheesh, right after the first runup to $4/gallon I remember the crash when it bottomed out at $1.43/gallon. Something says that's not happening this time.

It's affected our driving habits. We are using cruise control far more and going slower on the interstate. It works, with both cars capable of getting 30 mpg or better going at or just below the 65 mph speed limit.

Only stations in So Cal have regular at less than $4.10 are Costco, Sam Club and Arco. Other brand name stations like Chevron, Shell, Mobil ... are north of $4.10 up to $4.20 - $4.30 range in some cities.

Highway traffic in So Cal is slower at around 65-70 MPH, it was 70-80 MPH few months ago. Some cars/SUV's/Minivans slow down to 55-60 MPH on right lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back