Amsoil - New product line Signature Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
15K or 25K, serve service/normal service(most don't see the latter). This applies for the entire SSO lineup. 0w-30 is now AZO. ASM and ASL retain their product codes. SSO 0w-30 will continue to be sold until supplies are gone.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
15K or 25K, serve service/normal service(most don't see the latter). This applies for the entire SSO lineup. 0w-30 is now AZO. ASM and ASL retain their product codes. SSO 0w-30 will continue to be sold until supplies are gone.

The question is, did SSO get downgraded or has the others been upgraded? Do I need to stock up on SSO?

Originally Posted By: msparks
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

The question is, did SSO get downgraded or has the others been upgraded? Do I need to stock up on SSO?

From what I read, it just passed the new spec's and a new bottle. I will take the old over the new unless UOA's show it is better.

SSO is nearly gone, a few DC's have a little on hand. All new orders will be filled with AZO.

I would not say the SSO was downgraded, the AZO, ASL, ASM are all API SN, ISLAC GF5. ASL is dexos1 so they all have been upgraded.

Quote:
04-07-2011
Signature Series 0W-30 (SSO) Unavailable for Online Ordering, New Signature Series 0W-30 (AZO) is now available for purchase online, by phone and at all AMSOIL Distribution Centers.

Quote:
The expansion of the Signature Series family required a repositioning of the 0W30 viscosity to ensure uniformity throughout the line. All four oils now have similar packaging and each now carries a 25,000 mile oil drain recommendation, which serves to eliminate all confusion for Dealers and customers. The 25,000 mile oil drain recommendation aligns with today’s engine technology modifications, including smaller oil sumps, more closed combustion systems and more challenging engine operating conditions.

Quote:
AMSOIL 5W30 (ASL) meets the recently released GM dexos1™ specification, as this is the viscosity it recommends, and AMSOIL 0W30 (AZO) is recommended as a replacement viscosity for dexos1™.

That's awesome on AZO(original SSO) being a viable recommendation for dexos1(the typical being 5w-30) replacement(alternate) viscosity.

I feel they just had to cut back on the 35,000/17,500 normal/severe service bit. I am not skeptical of the new AZO being any less of an oil compared to SSO, but I will be comparing UOA with a sharp eye.

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
SSO is nearly gone, a few DC's have a little on hand. All new orders will be filled with AZO.

I would not say the SSO was downgraded, the AZO, ASL, ASM are all API SN, ISLAC GF5. ASL is dexos1 so they all have been upgraded.

Isn't going from a 35,000 mile OCI to 25,000 miles a downgrade? Why the change? No flames please its a question. IMO it was a smart move, and I suspect the DI engine OCI will be cut even more for normal and severe service use.

I don't think it is a downgrade at all - it's just a more 'realistic' labelling. It also reduces confusion - now all oils are 15k severe, 25k regular, sevice.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1

Isn't going from a 35,000 mile OCI to 25,000 miles a downgrade? Why the change? No flames please its a question. IMO it was a smart move, and I suspect the DI engine OCI will be cut even more for normal and severe service use.

I'm right here. Just got home from a two day vacation. Not a downgrade. A slight change in formulation for all the oils. Makes sense to have one top grade oil.

Why is the price less for the old SSO, replacement, the AZO 0w-30? It used to be more, or did the ASM go up and the SSO go down for a more uniform pricing across the "Signature Series Oil" lineuep?

Evening up the top product line.

Quote:
AMSOIL 0W-20 (ASM), 5W-30 (ASL) and 10W-30 (ATM) Synthetic Motor Oils join AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 to round out the new Signature Series line. Signature Series 0W-30 is now identified by product code AZO. Product code SSO is discontinued and still available while supplies last.

In addition to being reformulated to meet the latest API SN Resource Conserving and ILSAC GF-5 industry specifications, the new Signature Series line features all-new packaging and represents the very best motor oils AMSOIL has to offer, allowing motorists to take advantage of maximum extended drain intervals. In the interest of consistency and clarity within the Signature Series line, all four motor oils are recommended for drain intervals of up to 25,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first (15,000 miles/one year in severe service conditions).

With the recent introduction of OE Synthetic Motor Oil and the recent reformulation of XL Synthetic Motor Oil, Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provides customers a choice between three distinct lines of high-quality synthetic motor oil. OE is an outstanding choice for installers and as an entry-level product for customers who want the benefits of a synthetic, but won’t pay a significantly higher price or aren’t yet ready to extend their drain intervals; XL is ideal for installers and customers interested in extra engine protection and the convenience of 10,000-mile/six-month drain intervals and Signature Series is targeted toward customers who want the absolute best protection and performance, while taking advantage of 25,000-mile/one-year drain intervals.

The new Signature Series line is replacing the previous formulations of the AMSOIL top-tier oils as inventories dictate; orders will be filled with the older formulations and packaging until inventory is depleted, which may occur at varying times for each viscosity. The new Signature Series 0W-30 (AZO) sells at a lower price than the previous Signature Series 0W-30 formulation (SSO). The former Signature Series 0W-30 formulation (SSO) is available while supplies last.

Well, I'm glad then. Look forward to using and sampling.
grin2.gif

According to the API's licensee (EOCLS) site, only XL and OE are API approved. Really? I'm actually surprised. I thought they were well past the "recommended for" phase of their marketing.

Last edited:
When I buy it is either quarts or gallons as well.

Another thing I notice as well, we see the extended drain times (Miles)on ASL etc. but we still have to remember it is that or one year which ever comes first, I wonder how many people drive thinking I haven't got these miles yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back