Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this stuff on their leather seats? How well does it perform? I have been using Lexol for a long time but lately I find that the leather looks dry looking. The Meguiars it much thicker but I'm wonder how it conditions and preserves leather in the long run. Thanks!

The Meguiars stuff makes the leather look too shiny, like someone just dumped product all over it. Lexol's ingredients penetrate the leather...that's why it doesn't really look noticeably different.

Meguiars is all I use on my seats
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I just got done applying it to my leather seats. It smells a little like pine scent. It does make it look very shiny but it is slowly absorbing in to the seats. I put it on really heavy and will let is soak over night.

SO how well does it protect and mositurize the leather? Is it safe for plastics? It say not to get it on clear plastics. Can it make the plastic brittle? I got some on my black plastic trim which is impossible to avoid 100%. It just made the trim look like it was dressed.

I use Connolly Hide Food and also Leatherique. Both of them are VERY good products. Natural sheen to the leather.

FWIW, if you want your Meguiars to penetrate better, try warming it with a hair dryer or heat gun. Then buff it with a clean cloth. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I just got done applying it to my leather seats. It smells a little like pine scent. It does make it look very shiny but it is slowly absorbing in to the seats. I put it on really heavy and will let is soak over night.

SO how well does it protect and mositurize the leather? Is it safe for plastics? It say not to get it on clear plastics. Can it make the plastic brittle? I got some on my black plastic trim which is impossible to avoid 100%. It just made the trim look like it was dressed.

No problem with the plastic trim on my seats, like you said dressed up real nice
smile.gif

Anyone use this stuff on their leather seats? How well does it perform? I have been using Lexol for a long time but lately I find that the leather looks dry looking. The Meguiars it much thicker but I'm wonder how it conditions and preserves leather in the long run. Thanks!

Leather needs to be cleaned.

Get a boars hair brush, warm water, and a little whoollite laundry detergent.

Scrub the seats with the boars hair brush and warm water with whoolight.

Then wipe down the seat with a dry cloth. Then wipe down the seats with a damp cloth with just water to rinse the soaps off.

Again, dry the seats. Now your seats are factory fresh clean. No use a light leather protectant. Meguiars is you must. But there are SOOOOOO many better options out there.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

Then wipe down the seat with a dry cloth. Then wipe down the seats with a damp cloth with just water to rinse the soaps off.

Again, dry the seats. Now your seats are factory fresh clean. No use a light leather protectant. Meguiars is you must. But there are SOOOOOO many better options out there.

Which leather conditioners would you reccomend?

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

Which leather conditioners would you reccomend?

Lexol, Zymol, and the absoulte best : Leatherique Rejuvinator

I tried the Meguiars and after about a week it turned my leather white and chaulky. I went back to my old fave Armor All leather protectant and all is well again :^)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I tried the Meguiars and after about a week it turned my leather white and chaulky. I went back to my old fave Armor All leather protectant and all is well again :^)

Mine is also turning chaulky white! F****** Meguiars can't even make a decent leather dressing!!!! Their wax lasts a whole 3 days too. I think I'm done with their s****y products!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back