Possible reactor meltdown in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cause4Alarm
You guys all forgot they've been adding boron to the water that's being pumped into the core and pools

Are you calling us borons?

Quote:
Workers at the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant are being paid vast sums of money to brave high radiation levels - as experts warn that the race to save the facility has been lost.
Subcontractors are reportedly being offered up to 100,000 yen a day (£760) - 20 times the going rate - but some are still refusing the dangerous work.
Radiation levels are still extremely high at the plant, with water around the reactors emitting a highly dangerous 1,000 millisieverts per hour.
There are also fears that the plant is leaking more radiation as sea water around the plant was found to contain levels 3,335 higher than normal - almost three times higher than last week.
In a further development, an expert who helped design the plant said today that the race to prevent reactor number two melting down had been lost.
The plant's operators also said today that the four reactors that suffered explosions will be shut down for good once they are under control - and could be sealed in special material to keep radiation in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz1I7IWGyBc

Originally Posted By: Al
I want to apologize to Shannow for my abrasive post above. As I told him I woke up on the wrong side of bed today. I tried to delete it but the time expired.

Al

No probs Al...

wasn't questioning your experience in the tiniest part.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Workers at the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant are being paid vast sums of money to brave high radiation levels - as experts warn that the race to save the facility has been lost.
Subcontractors are reportedly being offered up to 100,000 yen a day (£760) - 20 times the going rate - but some are still refusing the dangerous work.
Radiation levels are still extremely high at the plant, with water around the reactors emitting a highly dangerous 1,000 millisieverts per hour.
There are also fears that the plant is leaking more radiation as sea water around the plant was found to contain levels 3,335 higher than normal - almost three times higher than last week.
In a further development, an expert who helped design the plant said today that the race to prevent reactor number two melting down had been lost.
The plant's operators also said today that the four reactors that suffered explosions will be shut down for good once they are under control - and could be sealed in special material to keep radiation in.

Maybe time to bring out the death row inmate and let them work for a possibility of parole. If you last 2 weeks, you can enjoy your freedom sort of deal.

Someone called into a radio show I was listening to and said they should call in air strikes on the plant. Just blow it all up so it gets dispersed quickly.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Maybe time to bring out the death row inmate and let them work for a possibility of parole. If you last 2 weeks, you can enjoy your freedom sort of deal.

Good idea. Ship the 1000's death row inmates here to Japan, if they survive the radiation for 2-3 weeks, then they will be released upon coming back to America.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Good idea. Ship the 1000's death row inmates here to Japan, if they survive the radiation for 2-3 weeks, then they will be released upon coming back to America.

Better idea:
Ship the 1000's death row inmates here to Japan, if they survive the radiation for 2-3 weeks, then they will be released shot re-incarcerated upon coming back to America.

Better yet, send in TEPCO execs and family to tend the boilers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Someone called into a radio show I was listening to and said they should call in air strikes on the plant. Just blow it all up so it gets dispersed quickly.
crazy2.gif

Too much video games

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
crazy2.gif

Too much video games

No, they've been nervously unoccupied since they offered great ideas for stopping the BP blow out. A guy wondered why they couldn't drop a big rock on the top of the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back