Can Entennmann's solve the problem of world hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye' know,i think Entennmann's baked products can cure world hunger.... i don't know how they are able to pack so many calories in so little food..

"Super" Cinnamon Buns:
Serving Size 1/2 bun 85g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35 mg12%
Sodium 260 mg11%
Total Carbohydrate 49 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 23 g

^ my god.

Last edited:
They solve the issue of my hunger... Once in a blue moon though because they are calorie dense...

Drench white flour and sugar in veggie oil and it'll be calorie-dense and tasty. It won't fill you, so it'll all go out the other end quickly and leave you wanting more. There's only so much veggie oil to go around.

Serving size 1/2 bun.....HAH!

Seldom is 1/2 a bun consumed by one person. It's always, "just one more bite..." then it's gone.

Originally Posted By: mareakin
ye' know,i think Entennmann's baked products can cure world hunger.... i don't know how they are able to pack so many calories in so little food..

"Super" Cinnamon Buns:
Serving Size 1/2 bun 85g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35 mg12%
Sodium 260 mg11%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 23 g

^ my god.

Why not eat a stick of butter rolled in sugar instead?

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1

"Super" Cinnamon Buns:
Serving Size 1/2 bun 85g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35 mg12%
Sodium 260 mg11%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 23 g

^ my god.

Why not eat a stick of butter rolled in sugar instead?

That would be too healthy.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Drench white flour and sugar in veggie oil and it'll be calorie-dense and tasty. It won't fill you, so it'll all go out the other end quickly and leave you wanting more. There's only so much veggie oil to go around.

Indeed, then who will solve the world sewage problem?

Originally Posted By: pottymouth

You just repackage it into something more usable.

"Super" Cinnamon Buns:
Serving Size 1/2 bun 85g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35 mg12%
Sodium 260 mg11%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 23 g

^ my god.

I am still so ignorant about what is a good amount/bad amount of sugar, fat, etc.
someone could tell me something has so and so grams of fat, and my response is 'so, is that bad?'
these numbers mean nothing to me.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Originally Posted By: pottymouth

You just repackage it into something more usable.

Like what? I initially thought it could be made in Lady Gaga CD's, but no one buys CD's anymore.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

"Super" Cinnamon Buns:
Serving Size 1/2 bun 85g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g23%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35 mg12%
Sodium 260 mg11%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 23 g

^ my god.

I am still so ignorant about what is a good amount/bad amount of sugar, fat, etc.
someone could tell me something has so and so grams of fat, and my response is 'so, is that bad?'
these numbers mean nothing to me.

First, double the numbers because very few people will actually eat 1/2 a roll and put the rest down.

Now, you just ate 660 calories of a probable 2,000-2,500 you should have in a day. Not a good thing.

Now look at the sodium. 520mg per roll. The American Heart Association has reduced their RDA from 2,300mg to 1,500mg. This is actually fairly easy to meet when eating mostly fresh, minimally processed foods but a single fast food meal can blow your whole day. So in this case, a single bun accounts for 1/3 of your total RDA of sodium. That doesn't make me happy.

Ideally, fat should be no more than about 30-35% of your overall diet. In this case, it's not that far off the mark. 30% of this fat being saturated is not good.

Don't get too hung up on most of the other numbers. You already know you probably shouldn't eat this based the calories and sodium. It would be fine in moderation, but it seems few people understand what moderation means. Some folks seem to think that if they eat from a different fast food chain every day then each is in moderation beacuse they have it only once a week.

You don't really need to know too much on junk food like this. My guess is that anyone with an elementary school education knows before even grabbing an Entennman's box that eating the box itself would probably be healthier for them.

LOL, I love this. People just don't understand carbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back