Dayco Products Q&A on BITOG homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, very nice. I used to use good year belts but i will definitely give the Dayco belts a try. I really appreciate how they answered the questions. Great job Dayco.

I was originally going to get a Gates serpentine belt for my wife's car, but decided to try one of Dayco's W belts solely because of the quality of this Q&A. So far this new W belt has silenced the chirp that the old OE belt(70,000 miles)had.

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
I was originally going to get a Gates serpentine belt for my wife's car, but decided to try one of Dayco's W belts solely because of the quality of this Q&A. So far this new W belt has silenced the chirp that the old OE belt(70,000 miles)had.

Speaking of your chirp, there are some good diagnosis videos on Dayco's site detailing the cause of certain noises, and how to fix them. Maybe you should look into it to make sure the noise stays gone.

Thanks again for all the kind words. It doesn't stop here. Please feel free to send me any additional quesitons you need help with.
Robert Christy
Director of Marketing, Dayco

i must of missed the answers when they came out? just got caught up and they are the most direct well answered question i have seen from a corporation. not at all afraid of letting "secrets" out.

makes me glad in the last 2 years i have purchased the following dayco products

1991 c-1500: dayco tensioner and idler pulley and belt

1999 jeep cherokee: drive right (dayco generic) serpentine belt

2006 jeep liberty: dayco "w" technology belt

I got to say I just got around to reading the Q/A. That is how a Q/A should be! In fact, I purchased your product (focus serp belt, and tensioner assembly) to support a company that still produces in the USA. I am usually a gates person.

But even getting that guy the ebay listing for the hard to find belt is great.

Last edited:
At the top of this page is a Dayco ad saying 'Register for a free Wear Gauge'. I click on it and do not go to any Wear gauge form? Anyone find this elusive wear gauge registration form?

Q&A looks great, with what appear to be honest answers. I went with a Dayco belt and idler pulley on my Ford F250 based in part on the Q&A. No complaints so far, and I don't suspect there will be any.

Just put a Dayco serpentine belt on my 1995 Grand Marquis and the fit was perfect and it ended my belt-slippage noise. I would definitely order a Dayco belt again, especially at the price which was reasonable.

OT, but doing the serpentine belt gave me new respect for automotive engineers. How they design all of those pulleys to turn everything at the right speeds, while maintaining the needed tension etc. is very impressive. However, wish they had engineered in a little more room to work--it's lucky I have skinny arms and hands!

One more thumbs up for the Dayco guys. I will add that just about every Dayco belt that I have warranted was not really a belt problem.

in 1975 i was working at J.I. Case in the experimental shop, Wichita, ks the Dayco factory rep came by and showed us a new chevy with a single belt. he said that is what all cars will have soon. we said people wont go for that. he said theyll have no chose, the car makers save so much money, you wont have a chose. so here we are guys.

Put a new Dayco tensioner and belt on a 2000 Dodge Durango about two months ago. Fit was perfect and no noise just as you would expect from new parts. Will see how it last but so far a happy customer.

recently did a subaru timing belt job with dayco belts, all went well. ordered again for a hyundai job. thanks!

Originally Posted By: Trav
...Personally i wasn't satisfied with the answer about Chinese bearings.

I realize this is two years old, but I had to comment. Whether you are satisfied by an unfortunate fact is irrelevant. If American bearing manufacturers don't produce this bearing due to economics, the Germans and other preferred manufacturers likely don't either, which leaves the Asian market. I suppose they could move to another bearing size.

Last edited:
Just another thumbs up for Dayco. Just replaced the belt on the nearly quarter million mile Camry. The previous Dayco belt went about 140K miles over the past 8 years. Probably too long, but yet it held in there.

Replaced it with another. Nice to see that the package had the typical belt routing for the Toyota 2.4L engine printed on the sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back