Hoping somone can explain trait in Royal Purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Purple is among the most available to me. As I stated in another thread I currently run M1. I ran RP for a little while but I experience some peculiar looking tiny metal flakes that simply are not found in any of the oils I've run when drained. A local speed shop is whom pointed it out to me and informed me that is a trait of royal purple and therefore they do not particularly care for it. I've noticed I do not have the flakes with Mobil 1 full synthetic, or Redline. I haven't tried Amsoil. I'd switch back to Royal Purple due to it's availability if someone could give a logical explaination.

Thanks

What is the application you are using it in? Since this is in the racing thread I assume this is for some kind of race car. I guess the next question would be which RP product did you use, and what Mobil 1 product are you using now.

Hard to say without a lab analysis.

It's entirely possible that Royal Purple is causing your engine to generate visible wear particles, whereas the other oils may cause much smaller particles. I suppose it's also possible that there simply is something about the oil's optical characteristics that causes that effect. But again, all is conjecture until you send some samples in to a lab that can examine very large particles (anything you can see with the naked eye is considered huge in oil analysis).

Originally Posted By: dparm
it's pure speculation.

And its also eternal BITOG Royal Purple bashing. The beat goes on...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What is the application you are using it in? Since this is in the racing thread I assume this is for some kind of race car. I guess the next question would be which RP product did you use, and what Mobil 1 product are you using now.

Here is a link to my other thread where the cars setup is described.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2205405#Post2205405

I'm using Mobil 1 synthetic 5w20 now. The RP product I used was 10w30. It was on my old engine. I'm just reluctant to use their XPR 5w20 on this new engine because of what I saw then.

Until you get it analyzed, it's pure speculation.

I understand that. Unfortunately, I no longer have a sample. I guess I'm likely not going to use it just to see if it happens again so a sample could be sent in and tested. At least not when there are oils of equal cost that I haven't experienced this occurance.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
it's pure speculation.

And its also eternal BITOG Royal Purple bashing. The beat goes on...
33.gif

Why is that? I've always hear Royal Purple is one of the best. I was acutally kind of hoping for an explaination that goes alnong with some of their literature about how their oil has an ionic bond that adheres to the metal.

Originally Posted By: 04SVT
Why is that? I've always hear Royal Purple is one of the best. I was acutally kind of hoping for an explaination that goes alnong with some of their literature about how their oil has an ionic bond that adheres to the metal.

Because some people make victims out of Royal Purple for no reason.

There's no evidence in this thread to say how good Royal Purple is or isn't. Since there's no possibility to collect that evidence, the best we can do is file it under U for "Unanswerable" and move on.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: 04SVT

Because some people make victims out of Royal Purple for no reason.

There's no evidence in this thread to say how good Royal Purple is or isn't. Since there's no possibility to collect that evidence, the best we can do is file it under U for "Unsolvable" and move on.
wink.gif

Fair enought. I've already pretty much gottem my answer from the experts anyway. Is there a way for you to lock it so that it doesn't turn into a bash thread?

Thank you.

Click the "Notify" link in the lower-right corner of your initial post, and write your request in the box that comes up. The moderators will see it and respond.

Alternatively, you could see which moderators are online right now and PM them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back