Clearance sale Shell Rotella T-5 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my local Wal=Mart this afternoon looking at oil, they have the above oil on clearance for $9.00 a gallon. I bought 4. The young fellow said they were getting rid of it and would not be stocking any longer.

I just got back from WM and they had T5 on clearance as well but for $16.
15.gif

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
I just got back from WM and they had T5 on clearance as well but for $16.
15.gif

Same price here. But not on clearance

This really bites... I just switched all my lawn and garden toys over to the T5 last summer... I was just in our WM today, and never made it back to the automotive... I hope they keep stocking it...I should have learned my lesson by now with WM--->Once you get used too it being there, they get rid of it...

WM is switching to all 5 qt jugs, they are putting the 4 qt on clearance. You will be able to still get it, just have to buy more at one time. BTW: Not on sale at all stores.

Well, I'm really at a loss to explain this. Stopped by my local Wally world this afternoon, and they are all sold out. Asked the youngish fellow at the TLE and he said they had none left and wouldn't be restocking. They clearanced out all the Shell Rotella gear oil 85/140 also. It will be back to Delvac 1300 for me.

My guess would be it didn't fit in to that particular store's planogram format, so the liquidated it locally. It was easier than shipping it back to the distribution center.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Was at my local Wal=Mart this afternoon looking at oil, they have the above oil on clearance for $9.00 a gallon. I bought 4. The young fellow said they were getting rid of it and would not be stocking any longer.

Score!

I wish I would have stocked up when it was 11.50 regular price... now $16 here.

I made another posting on the 'Rebate..' section of this forum: This same oil is at my WalMart, rings up as $5.00 per gallon.

The shelf price lists it as $9.00 on clearance, but actually rings up cheaper. Bought 6 jugs so far. (This particular WalMart is in Northern Calif.)

I'm going back for more.

GL

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
About the only thing I'd run T5 10W-30 with it's low 147 VI is my B&S lawnmower.
Now when T5 0W-30 (VI 180) goes on sale let me know!
Whoops, I think it's only available in Canada:

http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-55.pdf

Surprised to hear you say that Caterham. You don't usually make blanket statements like that. Certainly you would acknowledge that it's a POV and a locational thing. Some factors to bear in mind would include that a lower VI can also mean the oil has few VII additives to fail or wear out over time. Thus, the T5 is pretty shear-stable stuff in a tough environment. Granted, the CCV isn't going to match the 0W30 but the T5 is good in it's class. Plus, the 0W30 costs nearly double retail the last time I checked. BTW, when I inquired from my local Shell lube distributor, they would special order special order it. $9-ish a quart IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back