Lucas Motor Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
How is their actual motor oil? No one really talks about it here.

There is a page showing how the Lucas "Stabilizer" actually suffocatyes the anti-foaming agents of good oil and makes it Foamy. it is on Google.

Also.. some people say it works wonders.. so i have no idea.

It is thick and pours out like Molasses. And liek SeaFoam ( acleaner) it says 100% Petroleum..

now SeaFoam actually DOES have Benefits.. cleans out Carbons.

I saw a UOA a while back, and it looked pretty good.

I also saw a VOA, and it looked pretty solid. I'm not sure I'd trust it for a really extended drain, and its price is approaching Amsoil/ Mobil EP/ EDGE etc... Thats probably why you dont hear about it much.

I spoke to their tech people, and theyre quite nice to deal with. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to know much about the product. Even their PDS sheet on the site is pretty sparse. For that reason and a few others, Ive shyed away from using it. I'm sure under a 5K interval, it would be PERFECTLY fine, and do well. It'd go futhur I'm sure, but far enough to justify the cost???? maybe, maybe not.

Originally Posted By: ryan2022
I saw a UOA a while back, and it looked pretty good.

I also saw a VOA, and it looked pretty solid. I'm not sure I'd trust it for a really extended drain, and its price is approaching Amsoil/ Mobil EP/ EDGE etc... Thats probably why you dont hear about it much.

I spoke to their tech people, and theyre quite nice to deal with. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to know much about the product. Even their PDS sheet on the site is pretty sparse. For that reason and a few others, Ive shyed away from using it. I'm sure under a 5K interval, it would be PERFECTLY fine, and do well. It'd go futhur I'm sure, but far enough to justify the cost???? maybe, maybe not.

Sounds Snake Oil-ish..

I wonder if it REALLY suffocates the anti-foaming additives.

Its like making a Cake.. Extra Eggs is Lucas..

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I ran Lucas 5w-30 for 10K on my VW TDI and it still had a TBN of 5.85 . UOA was great.

Thats impressive.

Anyone else out there used Lucas? I AM curious. there are guys that swear by it.

I have used it more than a few time in both the 5W-20 and 5W-30 flavors. No tests done. Engines were quiet and smooth. In fact MPG was up over some other oils, but could have been any number of factors.

Use with confidence. If I can ask....what are you paying per qt.?

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I ran Lucas 5w-30 for 10K on my VW TDI and it still had a TBN of 5.85 . UOA was great.

Can you post the UOA in here? And you ran *just* Lucas 5w30, didn't sneak in any Redline race oil?
lol.gif

Does anyone know of Lucas actually makes the basestock (doubtful) or are they just adding add packs (more likely)?

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
How is their actual motor oil? No one really talks about it here.

It isn't talked about much at all... searched for a UOA, not a single one posted.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
you can take it for what its worth, the Amsoil test pages tested it against their oil and it came in about last in all their categories. If that means anything to you.,,

Of course it did, it is their big competitor. If Lucas oil tested it... i'm sure amsoil would come dead last in theirs.

Last edited:
PEPBoys blew out a bunch of Lucas full synthetic a long time ago. I picked up all the dusty bottles dirt cheap. No complaints. Engines sounded and performed just as well as with ANY other full synth oil.

The VOA posted here showed that it had a mega-boron dose of 400+ppm.

I don't care for non-synth oils so can't comment on their other oil offerings.

And, this thread is about their oil and not their snot. BTW, I've never seen ANY real problems caused by the Lucas snot.

If you find the Lucas motor oil(synth, blend or mineral) for a good price, definitely give it a run.

I can get it from my distributor. whether or not it is worth selling, I don't know. for as much space as cases take up, we can have chainsaws and other power equipment taking up similar space that would make hundreds more.

selling strictly oil isn't obviously a big money maker... but having it at least brings people in the doors to be exposed to other products they may not have been initially interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back